Poll: Are you interested in buying in to a Topix subscription?
Yes Evoque all years
Yes Evoque 2012 only
Yes Evoque 2013 only
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Could we do a Topix subscription group/shared buy?
WB
WB

Could we do a Topix subscription group/shared buy?

I've seen a number of requests for Topix documents and we don't have many on here with access to a subscription so I was thinking perhaps we could each put a little money in and buy an annual subscription for babyrr use?

For a single model (ie Evoque) its £460.80 or for a single model single year (eg Evoque 2012) it's £224.40.

I can't see anything on Topix that would prevent us from sharing an account. Wouldn't be any different to a garage buying one subscription and sharing it amongst all their mechanics Very Happy

If you're interested lets start a list and see if we can get enough interest to make it happen?

Please vote if you're interested in a single model or single year single model or you can vote for both if you're interested in either option.

I'm thinking we should be able to get it to around a £10 contribution if we can get the numbers.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 09:22am by WB.)
10-10-2012 09:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Could we do a Topix subscription group/shared buy?

I don't think dealers use it WB, they get the hard copy bulletins through the post because whenever I have subscribed for a day and downloaded everything and then gone into the dealership they have had to go and look into a big lever-arch folder to see what on earth I am talking about..........
The other problem is how do you promulgate the password/ username so that only those who have contributed to the membership fee you cannot post it on the forum and also IIRC you cannot post the info on open forum as it is copyrighted.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 09:41am by XFullFatTim.)
10-10-2012 09:39am
WB
WB

(10-10-2012 09:39am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I don't think dealers use it WB, they get the hard copy bulletins through the post because whenever I have subscribed for a day and downloaded everything and then gone into the dealership they have had to go and look into a big lever-arch folder to see what on earth I am talking about..........
The other problem is how do you promulgate the password/ username so that only those who have contributed to the membership fee you cannot post it on the forum and also IIRC you cannot post the info on open forum as it is copyrighted.

Perhaps we nominate a couple of people to be password keepers and only email it to those who have made a contribution. Bit tricky to stop them from passing it on but we'd just have to hope the members keep their word.

I didn't realise the dealers didn't use it so I guess the subscriptions are aimed more at the independent garages?
10-10-2012 09:43am
RacingSnake

You need a "no" option to better view the split of opinions.
I'm bot sure what benefit it would bring really, I spent a tenner on an hour in April and downloaded all available documentation anf bulletins I could.
There are garages on here, and usually if someones asks for a bit of topix info it materialieses in a few hours.

Nice idea, but I think its an awful lot of money for something which you might only use once or maybe twice. (IMO)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
10-10-2012 09:44am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

In my RRSport owing days I had an annual subscription and thinking back I only accessed it 2-3 at the most and then there wasn't that much info coming onto it that was of use to me. As RS says, paying £10 for a 24 hours subscription a couple of times a year is better value for money.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2012 09:57am
MartinP

It's a good idea WB and I think it could work but I'm a technical layabout who wouldn't understand the content so it's not for me.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
10-10-2012 12:27pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

I'm looking at something related to this at the moment, across all the sites.

Martin
10-10-2012 02:16pm
WB
WB

(10-10-2012 02:16pm)Martin Wrote:  I'm looking at something related to this at the moment, across all the sites.

Martin

Sounds interesting - pls keep us posted!
10-10-2012 03:52pm
tetstb

Are we not in danger of making our dealers even more lazy ?

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
10-10-2012 08:59pm
XFullFatTim

No, you can keep them on their toes by quoting them the TSB numbers of the jobs when you book the car in for servicing. I caught out one local dealer's service manager when i quoted a TSB number to him that I wanted applied to my first RRS, he tried to tell me I didn't know what i was talking about and that the TSB didn't apply to my car anyway, I had taken the precaution of printing it out from Topix and just handed it to him and asked for the job to be done as not only was the job relevent to my car, its VIN was also the lowest number listed on the sheet! The job............... my RRS was missing the fuel burning heater supposed to have been fitted as standard for emissions reduction and faster cabin warm up on cold start days. Believe it or not many service technicians are unaware of Topix

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 09:56am by XFullFatTim.)
10-10-2012 10:24pm