Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lowered.... Haters gonna hate
cage911

(24-01-2017 10:39pm)CH11PY_H Wrote:  Hi

Sorry for the slow reply i often forget to check my posts.
I am still loving the lowering look, but the ride does seem quite firm I think. But nothing I'm not used to after having other lowered vehicles.
I have developed a knocking noise coming from the near side front which is driving me mad. Planning on taking my side steps off the weekend and wheel spacers to see if it stops.

Need to get some updated pics, haven't been nowhere exciting to take any Sad

Any update on what is causing the knocking noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13-02-2017 12:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CH11PY_H

RE: Lowered.... Haters gonna hate

(13-02-2017 12:40am)cage911 Wrote:  Any update on what is causing the knocking noise?

Unfortunately not. I booked the car into my local garage but they could not hear the knocking at all on their test drives. I haven't heard it myself lately but nothing has changed so I am sure it will be back.
Will keep you posted!

My steering wheel controls have stopped working again now also Sad
13-02-2017 08:14pm
cage911

My steering wheels controls have stop working intermittently. I had these replaced under warranty on my old Evoque; but I sure I read there was a recall on this.

(This post was last modified: 26-02-2017 11:57pm by cage911.)
24-02-2017 12:06am
cage911

(13-02-2017 08:14pm)CH11PY_H Wrote:  Unfortunately not. I booked the car into my local garage but they could not hear the knocking at all on their test drives. I haven't heard it myself lately but nothing has changed so I am sure it will be back.
Will keep you posted!

My steering wheel controls have stopped working again now also Sad

Any update with your car issues?

21-04-2017 06:39pm
CH11PY_H

Sorry for the slow reply I haven't been on here for a while.

Believe it or not the Knocking stopped for months since the Garage couldn't hear it, but last week it started again on and off.
Have no idea what is ideally need it to make the noise when the mechanic is with me.

Steering wheel controls have also started working again magically but my car is out of warranty in December so I am thinking of booking it in still.

05-05-2017 09:18pm
wungun

(05-05-2017 09:18pm)CH11PY_H Wrote:  Sorry for the slow reply I haven't been on here for a while.

Believe it or not the Knocking stopped for months since the Garage couldn't hear it, but last week it started again on and off.
Have no idea what is ideally need it to make the noise when the mechanic is with me.

Steering wheel controls have also started working again magically but my car is out of warranty in December so I am thinking of booking it in still.

So I've developed a knock on the front driver side suspension as well. Started out barely noticeable and had progressively gotten worse.
Most pronounce when turning at an intersection.
Had local shop go over everything... Tierod end, ball joints, bushing, end links... Everything is solid!
Maybe strut mount/strut bearing...?

And around town, the H&R ride is just too rough. Why would they increase the spring rate so much!?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
31-12-2018 04:59pm
fisha

Quite like the lowered look, but wouldn't do for me.

As for the knocking noise ... is it anything like the video below ... or does it sound like a loud door creaking when your turning around junctions. The video is mine which has developed in the last week. The loud knocking noise has gone to be replaced with a creaking noise at slow turnings such as junctions.

You can see in the video that the sound comes from when the spring catches up with the turning movement of the strut. Implying to me that its the bearing on the top being stiff and creaking.

A final confirmation of this for me is that the creaking only appears on a dry day. If I've driven through puddles or rain, then the creaking disappears.

I've ordered a strut bearing which should be coming soon. If there is any interest, I'll do a video of its replacement.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2019 08:23pm by fisha.)
21-02-2019 08:23pm