Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Conwy Landrover....
alibeau

Conwy Landrover....

We recently purchased two vehicles from Conwy Landrover....

This dealership is not the closest to us, that would be Chester but hubby had dealt with Chester previously and we were not overly impressed with the service. I approached them in the early days about buying an Evoque but they didn't seem interested at all.....

Having also enquired with Conwy Landrover, I received an invitation to the VIP launch weekend which we attended. I am so glad that I did not place an order before seeing/driving the Evoque as I would definitely have ordered the wrong spec. I thought I would probably order a Dynamic Grey Diesel. As soon as I saw the black Dynamic in the showroom I knew that was the colour for me. I test drove both the diesel and the petrol and again instantly knew that I wanted the petrol engine.

As my good fortune would have it, Conwy LR had an unallcoated order in the pipeline for an Si4 Smile I left my deposit and was told I would take delivery on Nov 17th...... The whole experience at the dealership was a pleasant one, food and drink provided, goodie bag etc. Whilst ordering the Evoque, our salesman also managed to sell hubby a RRS, so everyone was happy Laughing

As we now know, the delays then hit and my date was pushed from Nov to Jan 12th. I was kept fully informed on the delays, all my (fortnightly) emails were replied to speedily and/or I received a call. I couldn't ever complain about the delays as I was very fortunate to grab the build slot that I did. With hindsight I think that reading this forum at the time of the delays probably got me more wound up than my own delay IYSWIM.....as I only ended up waiting around four months for my car.

I collected my Evoque two days early, we had the grand unveiling, flowers, LR experience voucher - all good. Great handover.

When the trouble started with my touch screen, the dealer collected my car from home, dropped off a demonstrator Evoque for me to use for the day and delivered my Evoque back to me - brilliant Smile

Our two purchases with Conwy LR went smoothly and without a hitch, everyone at the dealershop was friendly and interested and I would thouroughly recommend them.....

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
23-01-2012 11:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Conwy Landrover....

It's good to read of excellent customer service from LR dealers, as so many posts are negative. I too have been really pleased with my dealer so far, but will not comment further until I take delivery!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
23-01-2012 11:54am
alibeau

More positive feedback for Conwy....

I received an email from them this week inviting me and one guest on a factory tour of Halewood....

We have only just returned from a three week holiday so we can't take any more time off but I was really impressed with the invite Thumbs Up

Ali Smile

17-04-2012 11:12am
Daigriff

Hmm...I bought from Chester.

No flowers or unveiling, it was also peeing down, rain sleet and snow during handover, girls and wife went back inside for warm...Half a tank of petrol and a wet but happy DG departed but probably not to return as a buyer.

Should have gone to Conwy and its also in Gods countryWink

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
17-04-2012 07:23pm
alibeau

I can't say that Chester did anything 'wrong' when Hubby purchased his first RRS, we dealt with quite a nice salesman who then moved on to the finance department. We just didn't seem to 'click' with any of the other sales people and Hubby started to call them the sales prevention team..... We called in a couple of times over the years with a view to changing the RRS but always left feeling deflated for one reason or another....

I can't recommend Conwy highly enough, I just hope they live up to my high expectations if/when I decide to change my Evoque. It would have been far more convenient for us to deal with Chester (only 10 mins from our work place) but I am very glad we stumbled upon Conwy Very Happy

Oh and they gave me a brolly too which is coming in useful today!

Did you ever book Peckforton Castle?

Ali Smile

18-04-2012 10:40am
Daigriff

Hi Ali

Thanks for reminding me, no I forgot all about booking Peckforton.

Will get on to it.

Glad you're enjoying the car.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
18-04-2012 08:09pm