Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Convertible @ the Nurburgring
RacingSnake

Convertible @ the Nurburgring

Still think it looks very cool Cool

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-08-2015 04:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

RE: Convertible @ the Nurburgring

(13-08-2015 04:34pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  

Still think it looks very cool Cool

looks nice. it's growing on me

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
19-08-2015 02:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(19-08-2015 02:24am)bangsters Wrote:  looks nice. it's growing on me

I assume it will be two door only... Makes you wonder about the packaging, how much boot space is left with the roof down and what they will do for roll-over protection.

I'm sure it will appeal to a certain demographic but to me, it's too thick-set and makes me think it's the roofline of the standard car which is its defining feature, lost in the cabrio. I fear that with the roof down, the occupants will look like they are sitting in a water tank.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2015 05:16am by mark_n.)
19-08-2015 05:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It has had so many spy shots and test plants by LR that I think that they may have missed the boat as far as sales are concerned and it will be a damp squid and will fizzle out to minute sales. If Lr had not planted publicity every where in the early days they might have a better chance but ................... really I think people are fed up with waiting for it. But I think it looks great and ceratinly would appear to have an really good suspension setup as it appears to go round the twisty bits there very flatly. My worry would be how many people want poseurs car to go off road in? More people want a soft top Defender that won't suffer a twisty body and a decent boot rather than a droptop town city car with 4WD offroad ability.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2015 01:12pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-08-2015 01:09pm
J77

A car that doesn't need to exist, looks like an A3. As above I would rather have an open top Defender for some summer fun.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-08-2015 06:04pm
GSKM

(19-08-2015 05:02am)mark_n Wrote:  I assume it will be two door only... Makes you wonder about the packaging, how much boot space is left with the roof down and what they will do for roll-over protection.

I'm sure it will appeal to a certain demographic but to me, it's too thick-set and makes me think it's the roofline of the standard car which is its defining feature, lost in the cabrio. I fear that with the roof down, the occupants will look like they are sitting in a water tank.

My old Audi A4 cab had a reinforced A pillar and two pop up hoops that were normally hidden under the rear decking. These would automatically deploy should the car roll over. I would have thought that the RRE may have a similar type of device, rather than the clumsy permanently raised hoops fitted to the A3 cab.

Gav.
09-09-2015 09:25pm