Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Considering an Evoque
rigs

Considering an Evoque

Hi all, I've been trawling through this forum picking up some tips, hearing a few whinges etc. I'm just about to order a new Evoque (I think). It will be my first new car and I'm having last minute panic attacks. Am even test driving Audi Q3 and Q5 tomorrow, but am already bored at the thought of it.

I live in Oz, just me the wife and two dogs.

What's the general feeling, I note quite a few mechanical dramas mentioned. Are owners generally happy with the Evoque from a day to day use point of view? I'm not too stressed about the fuel economy, I'm just about to sell my Jeep Cherokee that has been giving me 15litres/100km's which is what 20ish MPG!

Would also appreciate any comments on my proposed spec:

Dynamic TD4 Auto
Orkney Grey, with Black roof and Verve interior, style 5 19inch alloys
Dark headliner
Front parking aid
Rear parking camera
Auto tailgate

Do I need Adaptive dynamics?
Do I need Rear vent climate control?

Cheers,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered 21 Oct 2012: Delivered: Jan 2013 (next week hopefully) Dynamic 5DR Auto TD4: Reverse Camera: Front Sensors: Stowage Rails: 20' Shadow Chrome, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Verve Interior
17-10-2012 09:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BA74

RE: Considering an Evoque

Mate you won't be disappointed...
Have had mine nice June and done 16,000km's and love it! No issues at all!
Spec looks good, I wish I got the panoramic roof. Rear vents good for resale I feel too.
Go and order it!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
17-10-2012 09:09am
Evo-king

Can't answer your last two questions, Oz owners may help you out there.

Spec looks good.

I'm sure your Q3, Q5 drive will make your mind up to buy an Evoque, as far as I'm concerned there is no contest, RRE to win.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-10-2012 09:11am
ADZ

No need for panic attacks. And also no contest with the Audis. I've had mine since July and loving every heartbeat. Great spec. You're certainly not going to regret choosing the RRE above those other,..., cars I guess would be an apt name for them. Enjoy! Now to deal with the agonising wait. Smile

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
17-10-2012 09:36am
Nut

Hey mate,

I've had my evoque around 3 weeks and I've adored every minute! I also looked at the BMW and Audi range but they honestly just didn't stack up against the evoque. They all ride wonderfully and handle well, but the other two just didn't give that feeling of 'special' like the evoque does.

I'm in North Queensland so I got the rear air vents and they seem to work great for cooling quickly. As for the other options, if you're getting a dynamic then I'd recommend just getting the tech pack as it includes all the options you listed and the GPS.

For the record I also got the Si4 and I love it. Has a great throaty sound and plenty of power for some fun. Just do it, you won't be disappointed!

Cheers
17-10-2012 09:45am
Craig_d1

The ride on standard steel springs is very good. I don't think you'll miss AD's unless you want to put it in dynamic mode and be a boy racer. I would save the cash and Spend it on a pano roof instead.
17-10-2012 10:56am
Neo

Considering an Evoque

I have the AD and it's a must together with the pano roof. Both are unique and desirable features for the car. I have the rear vents too and it's mostly useless and it's not temperature controlled! It just blows cold air from the outside.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
17-10-2012 11:10am
Ringo

Hi Rigs
The pano roof was what sold it for me, more importantly my partner loved it. As for the rear vents it would depend on your family. We're a couple with only a dog to go in the back most of the time. Don't often have back seat passengers so don't see the need for it.
Good luck with it

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2012 09:20am by Ringo.)
17-10-2012 11:22am
rigs

(17-10-2012 11:22am)Ringo Wrote:  The pano roof was what sold it for me, more importantly my partner, she loved it.

Interesting to hear a few Aussies going for the pano roof. We had thought glass above, 40 degrees in the summer, bad idea. WA summers getting hotter! Would agree that it would be great for cooler days though. I'll have to give this and the Adaptive dynamics some thought I think.

Rear cooling vents out, so thanks, that's one saving (albeit small)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered 21 Oct 2012: Delivered: Jan 2013 (next week hopefully) Dynamic 5DR Auto TD4: Reverse Camera: Front Sensors: Stowage Rails: 20' Shadow Chrome, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Verve Interior
17-10-2012 11:35am
Nut

(17-10-2012 11:35am)rigs Wrote:  Interesting to hear a few Aussies going for the pano roof. We had thought glass above, 40 degrees in the summer, bad idea. WA summers getting hotter! Would agree that it would be great for cooler days though. I'll have to give this and the Adaptive dynamics some thought I think.

Rear cooling vents out, so thanks, that's one saving (albeit small)

Yeah that was exactly my reasoning too. In the North Queensland sun where it's >30 degrees for most of the year the roof would spend little time open. Having said that, it is a beautiful feature and would be amazing during winter.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 12:50pm by Nut.)
17-10-2012 12:49pm