Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)
Urban Splash

RE: Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)

(03-01-2013 11:13am)Straydox Wrote:  The lack of updates will be caused by software licencing issues - LR will have bought the map data as a one-time licence. I've had maybe 7 or so cars in the last 10 years all with factory fit satnav and all have wanted a substantial payment for refreshed data. £200 is seriously cheap incidently. Audi only did it for free once and that was when the missing TMC codes were added to the 2nd generation MMI system.

Now these systems are hard-disk based and effectively portable-media free (could be a data download in the dealer) coupled with the system itself being well below average compared with other manufacturers systems that some software updates ought to be free of charge

I think this is where there is some confusion......for us and the LR techs. The £200 gets you the actual map data, however, the underlying software for the nav system is not updated as verified by Inges in an earlier post. Now thats the problem.

I accept that revised maps cost and expect to pay for that, but the issue here is that the Nav software version should be updated when the car is serviced as this will provide enhancements, bug fixes and general improvements for the actual system.

It would be helpful if LR could comment on the issue....

As for adding speed cameras, if you have version 3764-120622, then you can download the speed camera data file (one file for all UK cameras) to a usb drive, then add the file os a custom POI. Cool.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
03-01-2013 05:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Confusion over Nav updates and Nav purchases. Also, speed cameras can be added ;)

(03-01-2013 05:46pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I think this is where there is some confusion......for us and the LR techs. The £200 gets you the actual map data, however, the underlying software for the nav system is not updated as verified by Inges in an earlier post. Now thats the problem.

I accept that revised maps cost and expect to pay for that, but the issue here is that the Nav software version should be updated when the car is serviced as this will provide enhancements, bug fixes and general improvements for the actual system.

It would be helpful if LR could comment on the issue....

As for adding speed cameras, if you have version 3764-120622, then you can download the speed camera data file (one file for all UK cameras) to a usb drive, then add the file os a custom POI. Cool.

Absolutley Urban Splash, to know I have a NAV system that has been improved and had added very useful features I really want and expected on a high end car system, but can't have as my NAV system is not updated is actually really really annoying.

Will it make me trade up to a new Evoque to get those features... Well LR Marketing people... NO! it will make me turn to another manufacturer... even if they are exactly the same!

What would keep me buying LR products would be to receive updates to my products that enhance my experience throughout my ownership!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-01-2013 06:02pm
cjfp

+1 - customer satisfaction and retainment.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-01-2013 06:05pm
Urban Splash

I love the Evoque, but not sure that I would buy a LR again. The disco replacement or RRS revision needs to be something spectacular....

It's a shame, as the salesman at Stratstone Newcastle has been exceptional.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
03-01-2013 06:06pm