Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Complaint with evoque build
apet

Complaint with evoque build

Recieved my range rover evoque may 31rst and was surprised to see it did not have any rear air vents? Should have come standard, but I found out l was given a pre production vehicle. To add injury to insult, my two babies were born and have respiratory problems and we cannot use the vehicle, as it gets pretty hot back there and there is no ventilation. After calling LR Corp and filing a official complaint, nothing has been done, other than offer a vehicle that was 5000 less in value than the one I have. Just wondering if anyone bought a pre production vehicle out there and if they are having any issues.
18-07-2012 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Complaint with evoque build

What about the rest of your spec? Is it correct?
Can you post a pic of where the vents should be? I'm not sure I have ever heard of them being blanked off!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-07-2012 06:55pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

I thought you only got rear vents if you ordered RSE? Or is that just the case in the UK?

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
18-07-2012 07:07pm
apet

I'll try and post a pic later today, new to the forum so I would appreciate any help. In the u.s. Rear air vents come standard. The car was also missing entry treaplates and carpets(came stripped of these), but I don't really care, since it doesn't cause any issues such as the vents missing.
18-07-2012 07:17pm
item

Dear,
In belgium, rear air vents are in option (150€ if i have not forget) and there are not setting.
The setting may be come with a front setting (driver or passanger setting ) ?!?

Regards

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2012 07:34pm by item.)
18-07-2012 07:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

How can you have been sold a pre-production without knowing it was pre-production, even the price must have been a lot lower than a brand new car? All the pre-production cars would have huge mileages on them as they were used for the press launch and they have very weird specifications. It is not LR policy to sell pre-production cars, normally they are stripped of parts and crushed. There has been another Dutch member who found that his car was in the press fleet, but he was aware of that when he purchased it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-07-2012 07:50pm
apet

Did not know it was preproduction until I reaserched it a little more. It was sold to me from a dealership as "new" never tiltled, with 3000 miles. It didn't have much of a price difference in comp to a new one, and whatever incentive it did have, I thought it was due to the milage.
18-07-2012 08:09pm
RacingSnake

Just checking, do you mean pre-production? Or is it ex-demo?

I just find it odd that a pre-prod car has made it into general sales after almost a year.

What are the kast 6 digits of the chassis number? These will correlate to what number it came off the line... i'd expect yours to be very very low!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-07-2012 08:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

I dont think my car has any rear vents its just been delivered, are they meant to be in the center console ?

I will check

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
18-07-2012 11:08pm
apet

(18-07-2012 11:08pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  I dont think my car has any rear vents its just been delivered, are they meant to be in the center console ?

I will check

Yes they are to be found in the center console, (at least in the u.s. they are)
18-07-2012 11:57pm