Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Colours?
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Colours?

I blame Tim for my indecision Very Happy

Had decided on a Santorini Prestige but now thinking of Stornoway. Wanted privacy glass, so which would look better? Think black is smart but don't want to look like a WAG! Laughing

Anyone else being daring with colours?

Not long until the big launch on Monday.
30-03-2011 03:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Colours?

They are not brilliant, but in my photobucket album I have five wallpapers of Evoques shown in difierent colours and styles - it even show 2012.5MY colours. The shades are not that great
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/jo...99/Evoque/
Stornoway is 3rd row down 2nd car in.................
If anybody would like them emailed (5mbs worth) then please PM me with an email address and I'll send the full sized versions, I have the blue one as a wallpaper on my 27" iMac and the yellow one on my Macbook Air

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2011 04:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-03-2011 04:47pm
Kermit

Or they can be downloaded directly from:
http://media.helloevoque.com/ImagesIndex...ATION.html
31-03-2011 05:43am
Blackseries

I went to the factory yesterday saw about 20 Evoques (sorry wasn't allowed to take a camera in!) Stornaway was one of the colours I was interested in but my dealer told me it didn't do the car any favours, so I went for Santorini Black. Having now seen Stornaway (inside the factory - not in natural light) I have to agree with him. The car does look better in other colours. I suppose it depends on whether you want to stand out or not. Stornaway makes the car look more normal - I only saw it in Prestige.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 08:44am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Lucky you blackseries and thanks for the info
31-03-2011 09:02am
Blackseries

Most of the cars I saw yesterday were being readied for the "London Event". I understand its an event for deposit placers to see and DRIVE the cars. I think its happening in May. Those of us in the UK should get an invite for this event (plus a couple of other events around the UK). 2 of the cars were off to the off-road school!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 09:22am
vision*R

Damn, I would love to drive one of those. I hope they're sending a few over to Belgium in the near future...

Santorini Black is a really nice colour but the high price makes me skip it anyway. I don't see why it's so expensive. And I agree on Stornoway, I haven't seen it in real life but it makes me think the car is dirty even when it's clean. Wasn't the car tested by The Sun a Stornoway grey one? I didn't think it looked stylish.
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 10:23am by vision*R.)
31-03-2011 10:23am
Blackseries

(31-03-2011 10:23am)vision*R Wrote:  Santorini Black is a really nice colour but the high price

Santorini is the standard metallic Black, Barolo Black is the expensive one. I only saw Barolos at the factory. They all had light interiors and looked great. But I did think the object of these Demo cars was to up-sell customers on spec - they were all pretty loaded. I think I saw only 1 (maybe 2) Pures out of 20 but at least 3 Dynamic Plus's.

31-03-2011 10:58am
vision*R

Sorry I confused the blacks.

It's great that you have this kind of information. Anything else that you noted?
I'm still wondering how the Prestige rims look like in real life (diamond turned).
31-03-2011 11:02am
Blackseries

(31-03-2011 11:02am)vision*R Wrote:  I'm still wondering how the Prestige rims look like in real life (diamond turned).

It has to be about personal taste but the Evoque looks so radical in the flesh - it’s more a sculpture than a car - that anything that makes it look fussy takes away from the design. So my personal opinion was that the Prestige wheels were a bit too much and didn't really add anything. The Style 6 20" look great (and the tyre side walls didn't look too low either) or the 19" Style 3's looked best to my eyes.

But that’s just my opinion.

31-03-2011 11:35am