Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone seen one yet?
RogB

RE: Has anyone seen one yet?

(08-08-2016 01:35pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Seen a couple for sale over here, no one is rushing to them.

only ever seen pictures or a couple in showrooms and they have all been Phoenix orange, which looks ok on other models but not on this one. It definitely a marmite car and depends on the colour a lot.

the blue one above looks really good IMO, be interesting to see one in black with the red/black sports seats or in white maybe.

Ill never buy one, but I do think they look quite good. LR/RR have to keep up with market trends where possible to stay in profit

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
08-08-2016 02:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Audigex, I would love a Tesla, Model 3 or X as the S is a very large car, as big as my RRS. The big issue though is the cost of them, I would prefer the verstility of my RRS for the money, full 4WD etc as opposed to AWD of the Tesla for the price of a low spec big RR

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-08-2016 08:08pm
XFullFatTim

Well as of 15/11/2016 I can now say I have seen one in the flesh.............. Santorini Black with black wheels and black hood - stealth machine. It was in the Bosnian Boys valet bay in the St Enoch Centre "hand" car wash area, where there is no decent lighting. Black suits it - you cannot see just how ugly it is...............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-11-2016 07:24pm
KaDargo

Tim, agree on the ugly.
Re Tesla, I take it you've seen the I-Pace

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
16-11-2016 08:59am
Mark^^

Here is some JLR Australia publicity about the convertible

We recently took 8 of Australia’s most influential motoring journalists to the world heritage listed Fraser Island to get behind the wheel of the new Evoque Convertible. Here, they were able to test Land Rover’s off-road capability on the largest stretch of sand in the world. Read on to see what they had to say about our newest Land Rover addition.

..."it's a fabulous-looking car both inside and out, with striking lines and well-finished materials that speak to the brand's position as a luxury marque. Range Rover's first convertible is an impressive one..."
DRIVE, David McCowen

"The Evoque Convertible is a proper Range Rover. It has the same finishing and luxury touches as its hard-top brothers.."
CARADVICE, Alborz Fallah

"The Evoque Convertible is an impressive piece of engineering, with striking looks, clever technology and great road manners."
CARSGUIDE, Richard Blackburn

"And when it comes to attracting attention, the Evoque does it like few other cars. People stop, stare, and take note."
WHEELS, Tony O'Kane

"This Range Rover’s multi-mode all-wheel-drive system and sensible, chubby 55-aspect tyres make light work of the worst nature can throw at it, leaving driver and passengers to experience the best of nature."
GoAuto, Daniel DeGasperi

"It's more of a fashion statement about how it looks rather than goes, but it can still do all the things you expect from a Range Rover."
CAR SALES, Marton Pettendy

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
16-11-2016 09:06am
XFullFatTim

KaDargo, nope - not even heard of it so have googled it and well................ it's a concept car. With Jaguar's history of being at the cutting edge of technology (or not!) I would prefer to buy something that is proven and won't need numerous visits to a service bay in it's 1st year of ownership to fix things that should have been built properly on the production line in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love to have all the latest gadgets and technology, it's just that I don't associate JLR with being at the forefront of reliable technology and certainly don't think that they could produce it as a well built, reliable and rattle free end product that is reasonably priced.

Later edit: My weekly electronic version of Autocar magazine has arrived just after posting the above and there is a long long feature on the i-Pace. Looks great, but two things immediately count against it.......... It has the current versions of JLR's Incontrol Apps and the other InControl stuff and price. Odd seeing all the problems getting Apps or most other incontrol functions to work constistanly. The entry price is "around £50,000" which is between £15,000 and £20,000 too much when BMW i3 is way more desirable than a pipe and slippers Jaguar, is way more reliable and way more hitech having a carbon fibre body for an lot less dosh, also the BMW's tech works faultlessly all the time.............. and it is 150kg lighter than the Jag. OK so the I Pace is a full tourer with 300 miles range but it is still a JLR product............. guaranteed unreliability and built in faults as standard!

(This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 11:40am by XFullFatTim.)
16-11-2016 10:04am