Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Colima Lime 5 Door Prestige in Daylight
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Colima Lime 5 Door Prestige in Daylight

In that photo in a 5 door I think it looks really smart and suits a Prestige. I think the different colours and the different 'themes' make the car look so different. That and a Dynamic in White or Firenze couldn't be more different but have completely unique audiences. LR have got it right.
31-05-2011 12:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

(31-05-2011 12:04am)Charlie Wrote:  In that photo in a 5 door I think it looks really smart and suits a Prestige. I think the different colours and the different 'themes' make the car look so different.

I think light colours really suit the car (even though I've gone for Black) I just wish there was a bit more of a selection. I know "colour" as such is not that fashionable at the moment with most people choosing Black or White or a mixture of Black & White ..... Grey. Jaguar has some great colours and Bentleys Silverlake - light blue would really suit the car in the Prestige variant very well I think - I had hoped Mauritius was that colour but unfortunately its too "Max Powered" for my liking.

Do you think they will ever do an Autobiography program on this car? If they did I would be down to the dealer like a shot!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-05-2011 08:21am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

I would have liked to see the Jag grey on the car as was thinking of changing to that. Having seen Firenze in the flesh at the weekend would have serious doubts about the black. Am assuming it's a definate no-go now for one of the first orders unless you've already ordered it? Might have to jot the dealer a quick email and confirm. Very envious now of those with a confirmed Firenze order. It's probably just me but when you see certain colours in certain models that LR have picked like black/prestige, Firenze/dynamic I find it hard to imagine what other colours would look like unless I've seen them in good photos or in the flesh. Also (and this is my personal opinion and not said to annoy anyone) but I think the 5 door doesn't look quite right. I had the concept LRX etched in my mind and when I first saw the 5 door thought it looked like an afterthought. When I was much much younger Very Happy my parents had the first Mini Metro and when they brought out the 5 door I thought it was horrible. I think all that does though is show how inflexible I am Sad
Blackseries have heard of autobiography models but how would they be different (for those of us that don't know)
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2011 08:50am by Charlie.)
31-05-2011 08:49am
cjfp

(31-05-2011 08:49am)Charlie Wrote:  I would have liked to see the Jag grey on the car as was thinking of changing to that. Having seen Firenze in the flesh at the weekend would have serious doubts about the black. Am assuming it's a definate no-go now for one of the first orders unless you've already ordered it? Might have to jot the dealer a quick email and confirm. Very envious now of those with a confirmed Firenze order. It's probably just me but when you see certain colours in certain models that LR have picked like black/prestige, Firenze/dynamic I find it hard to imagine what other colours would look like unless I've seen them in good photos or in the flesh. Also (and this is my personal opinion and not said to annoy anyone) but I think the 5 door doesn't look quite right. I had the concept LRX etched in my mind and when I first saw the 5 door thought it looked like an afterthought. When I was much much younger Very Happy my parents had the first Mini Metro and when they brought out the 5 door I thought it was horrible. I think all that does though is show how inflexible I am Sad
Blackseries have heard of autobiography models but how would they be different (for those of us that don't know)

oooohhhh, you've got me really annoyed with your 5 door comments ! Grrr.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-05-2011 08:55am
Blackseries

(31-05-2011 08:49am)Charlie Wrote:  Having seen Firenze in the flesh at the weekend would have serious doubts about the black. Am assuming it's a definate no-go now for one of the first orders unless you've already ordered it?

I was told at "The Event" that there was enough Firenze Red for all Dynamic and Prestige orders until normal supplies resume - and at that point Pure orders will be taken again. So I would say if you love it go for it. I must say that the Firenze Red Dynamic with Black roof is one the colour combo that is giving me the most doubts about the spec I've chosen.

Funnily enough I really liked the 5 door Metro ...... so the love of 5 door versions must be in my genes Smile

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-05-2011 08:59am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Oh there's no pleasing you two Very Happy

Will report back with Firenze update, I hate indecision!
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2011 09:11am by Charlie.)
31-05-2011 09:06am
Blackseries

(31-05-2011 08:55am)cjfp Wrote:  Blackseries have heard of autobiography models but how would they be different (for those of us that don't know)

Depending on the program Designo (Mercedes) Individual (BMW) Autobiography (Land Rover) you can have your car painted in any colour you like (or in the case of Autobiography a very large range of LR chosen colours). I had my SLK painted to match an M3 I had at the time - I didn't think MB would use a BMW colour but they did and didn't bat an eyelid. Normally internally you have a extensive additional choice of leather colours and trim finishes ..... Mercedes even offer granites instead of wood. As you can imagine some of the customer choices / combos can be pretty horrendous (you get to see them when you pick up yours). Normally your paint choice (depending on whether it requires special techniques to apply it) can cost from £1,800 up - but you do end up with a totally unique car. The benefit of choosing say a Bentley or BMW colour is that there are no issues if you have an accident.

Normally adds about 2 months to delivery as your car is taken off the line and effectively hand painted and hand trimmed.

31-05-2011 09:22am
Kermit

(30-05-2011 07:38pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Would expect residuals to be affected by certain colour combos.

True but when mine's 10 years old, with 200,000km on the clock, it will will be worth nothing so colour isn't an issue.
(31-05-2011 09:22am)Blackseries Wrote:  I had my SLK painted<SNIP>
Normally adds about 2 months to delivery as your car is taken off the line and effectively hand painted and hand trimmed.

A friend has a yellow SLK350. The yellow is an MB colour, just not one offered Down Under. He told me it was hand painted by AMG. The out of sight bits (e.g. inside the boot) are very rough.
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2011 01:44pm by Kermit.)
31-05-2011 01:37pm
doug

(31-05-2011 08:49am)Charlie Wrote:  I would have liked to see the Jag grey on the car as was thinking of changing to that.

Charlie, take a look at this video . Jaguar in lunar(Orkney) grey & tell me it's not a great colour. Sorry about the music.....

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
31-05-2011 09:42pm
MW73

Love the music!! I am glad I have gone for that colour as I couldn't have Firenze red. I think it will be fantastic with the black roof, I think it will look very cool indeed!! Smile
31-05-2011 09:50pm