Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coat hook (lack of!)
rvsvet

Coat hook (lack of!)

Collected a suit yesterday, and opened the rear door of the evoque to hang it up from a coat hook. Most cars have them, dont they? My mini does. My previous two FL2s did. But my Evoque doesnt (or was I man scanning and missing the obvious?). Has it been omitted on grounds of weight saving or cost cutting? Neither would be significant savings. Perhaps the only justification could be on grounds of safety, because a suit hanging in a rear window could obstruct rear visibility, when performing shoulder checks for lane changing on a motorway, for example?

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
10-07-2012 08:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Coat hook (lack of!)

Its a hidden hook, just press the small panel next to the rear door light (either rear door) and the hook will fold down, push it back up to latch it closed again.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-07-2012 08:43am
rvsvet

Thanks Phil, really couldnt believe it had been overlooked.

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
10-07-2012 08:50am
Bowl

A bit too small and fragile, but yeah it's there.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
10-07-2012 09:15am
PhilSkill

Hung 2 suits from one of them, didn't break, what more do you need?

Ok it is a little small, but then larger means more weight, better fixing required, which probably means higher roof line like the grab handles that have been left out too... Everythings a compromise.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-07-2012 11:40am
Bowl

(10-07-2012 11:40am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hung 2 suits from one of them, didn't break, what more do you need?

Ok it is a little small, but then larger means more weight, better fixing required, which probably means higher roof line like the grab handles that have been left out too... Everythings a compromise.

Yes, I know they won't break that easily. But I just don't feel comfortable hanging my girlfriend's very heavy uniform bag. She's a flight attendant, so she has to carry Thai traditional dress plus uniform and shoes!!

Don't get me wrong, I like it this way because my car would always look clean. I never hung anything heavier than my jacket on it.

Take a look at her MINI Uglyman's grab handle Crying

[Image: 41b385b4.jpg]

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 01:37am by Bowl.)
10-07-2012 06:18pm
doug

Uglyman Laughing hard but true

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
11-07-2012 07:56am
TiTan

Depending how often you have to cart her stuff around, maybe one of those clip on headrest coat hanger/valet could serve occasional duty for you.
11-07-2012 08:41am
Bowl

(11-07-2012 08:41am)TiTan Wrote:  Depending how often you have to cart her stuff around, maybe one of those clip on headrest coat hanger/valet could serve occasional duty for you.

I'll never let her know that those clip on stuffs exist Laughing

11-07-2012 09:59am
Eddie

How to pretend that I knew they were there all the time!! Still it was about the only thing about the car I've found to complain about
13-07-2012 06:59pm