Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cirrus leather and jeans
scrannel

RE: Cirrus leather and jeans

Baby wipes are generally not recommended for leather as they are extremely alkaline because they are designed to neutralize urine. They will attack the leather surface. However I can see why they would remove dye...

http://babywipesnews.blogspot.com/2011/1...ather.html

http://www.fibrenew.com/blog/do-not-use-...tive-coat/

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 29-06-2013 01:25am by scrannel.)
29-06-2013 01:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vcanals

If you want to use wipes, take a look at these: http://www.drleather.com/Leather-Cleaner...Wipes.aspx

I myself use Gtechniq W2 for cleaning, and Gtechniq L1 for leather protection. I wouldn´t change this combo as the results are amazing. Thumbs Up

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
02-07-2013 03:52pm
smokeyhill

(29-06-2013 01:04am)scrannel Wrote:  Baby wipes are generally not recommended for leather as they are extremely alkaline because they are designed to neutralize urine. They will attack the leather surface. However I can see why they would remove dye...

http://babywipesnews.blogspot.com/2011/1...ather.html

http://www.fibrenew.com/blog/do-not-use-...tive-coat/

Respectfully I really have to disagree. I reckon my kids bottom is a tad more sensitive than my painted cow hide car seats.

SD4 Pure, 5 door, White with Lunar interior, Fogs, Pano, Style 4 wheels, Mats, Auto lights and wipers.
23-11-2013 01:40am
mark_n

Do people still wear jeans?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-11-2013 07:08am
fam1x

(26-04-2013 08:16pm)heronb Wrote:  Any tips or leather care to prevent the inevitable blue stain on cirrus from jeans. Or a product to clean the stains off.

It's straight from the factory with no products as yet.

Yes dont wear blue jeans lol.... I have Cirrus Leather and its almost 2 years old have not had any stains on it yet..

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
26-11-2013 12:55pm
heronb

Old news, Cirrus is good as new after 8 months
26-11-2013 01:48pm
Donny Dog

(26-11-2013 01:48pm)heronb Wrote:  Old news, Cirrus is good as new after 8 months

As an update to my previous posts, my wife and I both wear blue jeans habitually and our seats are still pristine after 20 months, apart from slight (and easy to remove) grubbiness on the sides caused as you rub on them getting in, and this is just 'normal' muck. As for previous cars with near-white leather, I still use a small amount of Cif on a wet cloth to remove this muck, and it has never caused any visible harm.
26-11-2013 03:02pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(26-11-2013 03:02pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  As an update to my previous posts, my wife and I both wear blue jeans habitually and our seats are still pristine after 20 months, apart from slight (and easy to remove) grubbiness on the sides caused as you rub on them getting in, and this is just 'normal' muck. As for previous cars with near-white leather, I still use a small amount of Cif on a wet cloth to remove this muck, and it has never caused any visible harm.

With respect NEVER USE CIF (or equivilant) as it is acidic!!!!

A damp (not wet) chamois or micro fibre will lift of all the dirt and not damage the leather. On, the cars on which I have had light coloured leather before I have just wiped the drivers seat over when I have dried the car after washing and as you say they will remain as good as new.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
27-11-2013 12:34pm
Donny Dog

(27-11-2013 12:34pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  With respect NEVER USE CIF (or equivilant) as it is acidic!!!!

A damp (not wet) chamois or micro fibre will lift of all the dirt and not damage the leather. On, the cars on which I have had light coloured leather before I have just wiped the drivers seat over when I have dried the car after washing and as you say they will remain as good as new.

I realise that it's not recommended (including by Cif themselves), but I've been using it for literally decades (long before it was called Cif, in fact) and had no ill effects. Having said that, like you, I do wipe those areas when I wash the car, and only use Cif for the less frequent occasions when grubby marks are more 'ditched in'.

Incidentally, it's alkaline not acid.

As regards the main topic of this thread, at no time have any of the marks been caused by blue dye, it's just the muck transported on the jeans that causes this dirt.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 02:39pm by Donny Dog.)
27-11-2013 02:32pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(27-11-2013 02:32pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  As regards the main topic of this thread, at no time have any of the marks been caused by blue dye, it's just the muck transported on the jeans that causes this dirt.

+1 fully agreeVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
27-11-2013 07:36pm