Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cirrus leather and jeans
heronb

Cirrus leather and jeans

Any tips or leather care to prevent the inevitable blue stain on cirrus from jeans. Or a product to clean the stains off.

It's straight from the factory with no products as yet.
26-04-2013 08:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Cirrus leather and jeans

gTechniq L1, sorted...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-04-2013 08:31pm
doug

+1 for the Gtechinq leather sealant.
All you need to keep your leather looking new afterwards is a damp micro fibre cloth & retreat after 6 months or so.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 08:59pm by doug.)
26-04-2013 08:58pm
WB
WB

Gtechniq L1 is great to add a protective layer to the seats but you will also need Gtechniq W2 (or their soon to be released leather cleaner) to remove the dye that will transfer. What the L1 does is stop that transfer from permanently staining the pale leather. I've now lived with Cirrus seats for 15+ months and they can be kept as good as new.

Drop me a PM and I'll give you details for how to get a discount at Gtechniq.
26-04-2013 11:13pm
heronb

(26-04-2013 11:13pm)WB Wrote:  Gtechniq L1 is great to add a protective layer to the seats but you will also need Gtechniq W2 (or their soon to be released leather cleaner) to remove the dye that will transfer. What the L1 does is stop that transfer from permanently staining the pale leather. I've now lived with Cirrus seats for 15+ months and they can be kept as good as new.

Drop me a PM and I'll give you details for how to get a discount at Gtechniq.

Pm sent
27-04-2013 08:50pm
Amadeus

I use the LR supplied leather cleaner that came with the car - works fine for removing the blue stains. Will be doing a proper treatment soon though on the interior. Certainly find different "brands" of denim react differently.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 09:13pm by Amadeus.)
28-04-2013 09:09pm
Donny Dog

I always have pale upholstery (including Cirrus in the Evoque) and have never had any problems with blue dye from jeans.
28-04-2013 10:41pm
heronb

(28-04-2013 10:41pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  I always have pale upholstery (including Cirrus in the Evoque) and have never had any problems with blue dye from jeans.

Depends what denim you're wearing I suppose, if you're going for the Jeremy Clarkson stonewashed look then you probably don't get any transfer.Wink
29-04-2013 08:23am
Donny Dog

(29-04-2013 08:23am)heronb Wrote:  Depends what denim you're wearing I suppose, if you're going for the Jeremy Clarkson stonewashed look then you probably don't get any transfer.Wink

Bit old for stonewashedLaughing - bit old for jeans, really!Confused

I wear a variety of jeans, sometimes Levis or Wranglers, but more often (lately!) cheap ones from the likes of Primark. What they all have in common is being the 'normal' darkish blue, and dye comes out in the wash - but never on the seats.

Incidentally, when my seats get grubby (over years rather than months) from normal muck I just clean them with soapy water, and shift the very occasional stain with Cif (and I keep cars a long time).
29-04-2013 09:01am
heronb

(29-04-2013 09:01am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Incidentally, when my seats get grubby (over years rather than months) from normal muck I just clean them with soapy water, and shift the very occasional stain with Cif (and I keep cars a long time).

Cif really!! Very abrasive stuff and I wouldn't have thought it would do it any good and would probably take some protection off.

The staining happened after a couple of hundred miles hence the question, I'll be going for the gtechniq stuff.

This reminds me of a friend who used Pledge to bring out a lovely shine on his LexusShocked
29-04-2013 04:43pm