Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chip tuning vs remapping
jojosr

Chip tuning vs remapping

Hi all,
I am waiting for my SD4 automatic gear Prestige babyRR and I have been starting snuffing around the increasing of power of Evouque.
I have found two posible ways, both for more or less same money and both promising more or less the same improvements.
Chip tuning looks very simple to do by myself. Remapping is a bit complicated and give me the same power as chip tuning promise.
So where is the difference? Any practical experiences? Lets talk about it, could be interesting...
Thanks

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
01-03-2012 06:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

RE: Chip tuning vs remapping

remapping is using the existing engine control unit and reprogramming it, whereas chipping uses additional data and is added to the engine control unit to increase performance which is like tuning.
My ecu for my exige has been remapped which lowered cam switch over and higher redline.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
01-03-2012 07:33pm
Westy

RE: Chip tuning vs remapping

Have a look at the other post on tuning box.

There has already been quite a few discussions around this and I am sure it will answer many of your questions

In my opinion the remap is a far better process, car these days are very complicated and it is not as simple as turning up the fuel and a remap looks at many different parameter.

I personally have had many remaps and one digital tuning box and ended up removing it, have a look at Bell autos remap article, I know the boxes are easy as they can be shipped and added and removed quickly, but you have the Dpf regeneration to consider and this is quite annoying when you get a de rate and an engine fault.

Hope this helps

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
01-03-2012 07:33pm