Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Charging System Fault
Guam135i

Charging System Fault

I had the RR Evoque since new. It has 27,200 miles. I had replaced the original battery 17 months ago with a NAPA AGM perfect fit battery for the Evoque. Now after 17 months the battery has died again and it was still under warranty so I got a replacement NAPA AGM battery.

After installing the new battery the car starts right away except now I have a Charging system fault warning and a washer fluid warning. I topped up the washer fluid but still get the message. I tested the battery it was at 12.7 volts before starting first thing in the morning after sitting all night. I then started the Evoque and when the A/C was on and all the lights on at idle it charges at 14.02 volts.

What else could be wrong?

Here is what the dealer had to say when I asked about the software update.

"In regards to your question, first I thank you for providing me the complete VIN as this is what I would need to research any and all open campaigns for this particular vehicle. Remember that when reading information online it gives you information in general and not specific to your vehicle.

For your vehicle specifically, I have checked the Land Rover system and see that there is only one open campaign which we will need to schedule. The campaign is for the Supplementary Restraint System warning lamp on, even if this lamp is not on at the time we will need to update the vehicle software for this concern.

In reference to the battery concern, it is highly recommended to use OEM battery or in your case you may also use compatible AC Delco. The thing is that prior to installing the battery it should be fully charged and the CCA should match the original (700-850CCA) as the vehicle is equipped with many electronics that need a battery that has good status charge and full-voltage.

The vehicle battery does not need to be registered with vehicle ECM as you have asked."

My Question:

I have been reading about the Evogue and get different answers from a software update to drive it and that will go away. Any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 01:15am by Guam135i.)
30-10-2017 12:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Charging System Fault

You may need to have the Battery Management System reset.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-10-2017 08:56am
Guam135i

RE: Charging System Fault

(30-10-2017 08:56am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You may need to have the Battery Management System reset.

It is kinda hard to tell them what to do, anyway we shall see when they work on the open campaign for the SRS, thank you
31-10-2017 12:33am