Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing seats
Moreno

Changing seats

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever changed their front and rear seats?

I currently have the pure plus black seats and about to purchase a full set of pimento/black seats and doors panels. I have found on the net how to remove the door panels but haven't been able to locate any video on how to remove the rear seats. I have done done in many and sure think it won't be complicated. In my old cars two bolts on each side are to be removed and the actual seat come off with a hard pull. My questions are as follow:
-should I be unplugging the battery to avoid the air bag error in cluster when removing the front seats?
-has anyone performed a seat swap before and if yes how difficult was it?

Thanks for your input!
16-09-2017 02:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
L18ESK

RE: Changing seats

don't think it will be overly hard mate if you fold seats now they will be bolted in to car floor you will need to remove the boot carpet to get at them properly and once remove they sometimes are just hooked in at front

MY14 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic - Santorini Black with full Black Pack- Panoramic Roof - Xenons - 20" Black Dynamic - Memory Seats - Privacy Glass - Illuminated sill plates - Genuine RR mats

on the list Very Happy - Dash Cam - Genuine RR boot liner
18-09-2017 10:12pm
Nickj

RE: Changing seats

As above. Won't be difficult. Front seats are usually 4 bolts and a few plugs depending on electrics. Disconnect battery prior to disconnecting anything. Rear seats again likely to be a couple of bolts. Not removed seats on an evoque so can't be specific but pretty sure it will be an easy job.
24-09-2017 07:15pm