Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
modern DAP players and Evoque connection
Rootsboy

I have been using a old Ipod Classic for the past years with my 2012 Evoque, and i am now thinking to up-grapde to a modern DAP player.

I was wondering if anyone else had been using different DAP's in their Evoque's and had any advise.
I mainly want to know if it is possible to play high rez 24bit files via the usb, or would it need to go though the jack to accomplish this?

I have the 875w Meridian system, which for some reason was never able to play 16bit 44mhz files of usb, only via cd, the ipod solved this issue.
So i am guessing the DAC the Meridian system uses wont be able to process these higher quality files, and the connection via the usb wont work, and the jack maybe my only option.

Any thoughts please?

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
01-03-2017 12:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doody

RE: modern DAP players and Evoque connection

i'd like to know this too. i'm sure the meridian hardware is capable of full redbook (and possibly 96/24), but i've never tested it. i should Smile. maybe i will!

doody

2012 Prestige Premium
01-03-2017 06:52pm
Rootsboy

(01-03-2017 06:52pm)Doody Wrote:  i'd like to know this too. i'm sure the meridian hardware is capable of full redbook (and possibly 96/24), but i've never tested it. i should Smile. maybe i will!

doody

when i brought the car in 2012 the manual stated that playing from hi-res files would be better, and cd quality would be supported, well it was not if played via usb stick, the best it could do was 320mp3 but from cd it was fine.
i did complain to RR about this, and they said there was a issue and they would resolve it. i dont think they ever did, and i just stuck with running via ipod in the end as at the time was the only solution, also the cd player did not support gapless playback, which was pretty rubbish as well, shame as the meridian system sounds so good, some basic flaws slipped though the net.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
01-03-2017 08:46pm
Doody

i don't imagine a tiny outfit like meridian has all that much power with a monstrous outfit like JLR when push comes to shove. i'm certain they designed and balanced the amplification and speakers stupendously - but then it all has to be integrated (read: 'shoved') into the overall infotainment system - and the halewood boys kick the kids from huntingdon back to the other side of the island Smile.

doody

2012 Prestige Premium
02-03-2017 02:34am
Rootsboy

Just a update on this, I have been running a Fiio x5 3rd gen via the aux in on my evoque.
And it sounds amazing, it's a direct line out on the dap, so the system like this sounds very loud. I guess the dac chips and output are of a high quality, possibly better then in the evoque.
I have to have the system in the evoque turned down at a much lower level to get the same sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29-11-2017 10:49am