Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Carpoint - Available Cars
chiggy

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars

and now the cars just keep on adding.

I thought the first 250 were sold? A fuji white pure at $113k now???!

WTF!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
28-11-2011 10:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Filski

One at Trivett Parramatta had a buyer back out of - Firenze Dynamic
28-11-2011 11:03am
Aussievoque

At those prices and with dealers not willing to haggle they might be sitting in the dealerships for some time!! I think Landrover have started to believe their own hype of just how in demand the Evoque is, could be time for a reality check. At the original stated prices (ie starting at $49995) there was definitely a lot of interest, but add the ridiculous dealer delivery, on road costs, a few expensive options and youv'e soon priced it out of most peoples reach. $100k+ for a (albeit stylish) compact SUV - you're gonna make a most people think twice. Just my opinion - could be wrong Confused??:
28-11-2011 11:07am
chiggy

I just don't understand why they ordered so many high specced cars. Pretty much all demos are for sale and then whey they get more stock in some will become demos and those take up valuable build slots.

In the end we end up waiting for longer because they have such ridiculously high specced cars. Everyday there's more and more added on and some even brand new. Just build your customer ordered cars land rover Australia far out!!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
28-11-2011 11:34am
Aussievoque

I think the dealers are counting on people being so keen to get an Evoque that they will fork out big $$$$ to buy a car with immediate delivery rather than wait in a queue. Of course the high specced cars means more profit for a dealer.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
28-11-2011 12:07pm
chiggy

When profits outweigh customer service by such a margin... Something's wrong.

The profit they get from selling one car at a ridiculous price and losing 3 customers cause they cant wait any longer... is surely far less... Than when they sell 3 cars to 3 happy customers

28-11-2011 12:48pm
benzina

I'm not sure it will be as easy as they might think at those hefty prices. Speaking with my dealer today, he said a great many people have walked away after hearing even the base models general drive away prices of $60,000 plus (don't forget, most want an auto to start with,and even thats not standard),let alone the up-spec models. Many people have been under the assumption it was going to be a $50,000 Range Rover. What did'nt help was that false and misleading feature Evoque article in West Australian motoring section the Saturday before last, that showed the stunning Evoque, with a headline "Range Rover for $50,000''.
It's has caused chaos in the show room, with lengthy enquiries and test drives,only to be freak-out at the end when they hear how much it will actually cost to drive away, and many many have said it's just to much,and have walked.
As chiggy said, they should look after the customers who have committed first, instead of taking up there build slots with high spec cars for sale.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 01:10pm by benzina.)
28-11-2011 12:59pm
chiggy

Love your spec Benzina.

That is going to be one beautiful car!

28-11-2011 01:28pm
benzina

Thanks chiggy,we got some nice cars coming hey...when we finally get our hands on them, we should meet up somewhere for a good coffee and view of our cars, to celebrate.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
28-11-2011 02:17pm
chiggy

thinking alice springs seeing as its smack bang in the middle of australia... everyone can come!

might be able to test the evoques off road capabilities. so far I managed to go over a curb with guidance from the dealer... he said that would be my opportunity to test out the car through off-road terrains.

happy to say it went over the curb.

Range Rover 1 - 0 VW GTI.

28-11-2011 02:33pm