Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car wash machines ?
cutter7

Car wash machines ?

(07-06-2012 09:15pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Yep I can confirm BMW Paint is S**t, If I don't clean bird muck off my BMW asap, it eats into the lacquer and needs professionally buffing out!

+1 My BMW had a leaf sat on the bonnet for about a month while the car was parked up.

When the car was washed a few weeks afterwards, the imprint of the leaf was still visible on the bonnet through the lacquer.

The only way to remove this leaf imprint was to take it to a body shop where they used a 3m cutting paste, (which is only available through the trade) and then they restored the area with a new top coat and lacquer.

So yes BMW paint is very S**T.!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

07-06-2012 10:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Belvoirbloke

RE: Car wash machines ?

That’s a no then !!
We used to have a hand wash place near Newark but the new A46 means the old road is virtually empty.
Was manned by such hard working, pleasant guys from Eastern Europe and cost £7.50 for a perfect outside job.
Will have to search for another.
Thanks all.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
08-06-2012 08:23am
stiggz

Question: Are you guys talking about a auto car wash that has brushes that attack the car, or laser touchless (high pressure water spray)??

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
08-06-2012 11:42am
Belvoirbloke

(08-06-2012 11:42am)stiggz Wrote:  Question: Are you guys talking about a auto car wash that has brushes that attack the car, or laser touchless (high pressure water spray)??
Well I was talking about the brush-type. Think the water laser thing would me even more intrusive ?
I’ve found another had wash place so all ok ))

lover’s tiff over Razz
08-06-2012 01:31pm
Belvoirbloke

£5.00 for a hand wash, dry and tire black at Soapy Joe’s, Grantham. Dysart road. A Bargain!

lover’s tiff over Razz
10-06-2012 06:08am
BFGEvoqueMan

(07-06-2012 10:28pm)cutter7 Wrote:  +1 My BMW had a leaf sat on the bonnet for about a month while the car was parked up.

When the car was washed a few weeks afterwards, the imprint of the leaf was still visible on the bonnet through the lacquer.

The only way to remove this leaf imprint was to take it to a body shop where they used a 3m cutting paste, (which is only available through the trade) and then they restored the area with a new top coat and lacquer.

So yes BMW paint is very S**T.!!

Sadly this applies to all cars as the sap and also bird droppings contain chemicals that react with the paint.
(07-06-2012 06:54pm)doug Wrote:  Your correct in saying that LR paint is softer. All the German brands use "Hard Paint" Some even use a ceramic lacquer.
But LR use what is called a medium hardness paint, which will swirl & scratch easier.

Do you have hand wash companies in Germany ?

I have a Merc with Ceramic Laquer. It suffers just as much but the problem is that the laquer is so bloody hard its almost impossible to polish out the scratches!

The closest thing to hand wash is to go to the self wash with the karcher like power washes and brushes - its all about the environment!!

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 07:18am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
10-06-2012 07:14am