Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car thinks it's locked but it isn't!?
B_o_b_o

Car thinks it's locked but it isn't!?

Just had a weird problem with my Evoque.

I went to lock the car with my remote key fob and the car double beeped straight away but noticed the side mirrors did not fold in and when I went to open a door the door opened and the alarm went off!

So if I press to lock the car 'thinks' it is locked but the doors are not locking and I have to press open to deactivate the alarm.

What is going on here???

Normally it would only double beep if I had pressed locked more than twice but it's doing it straight away now and refusing to lock the car.

Just opened and closed everything including the bonnet.

Then when I pressed lock on the remote key fob, it locked and the mirrors folded in.

BUT

Now it won't open.

The mirrors remain folded in. The alarm has been deactivated. The car now thinks it is unlocked but it isn't.

The only thing I can do is unlock the boot using the remote key fob and crawl in to unlock a door from the inside.

This is getting ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 10:22am by B_o_b_o.)
03-09-2014 10:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B_o_b_o

RE: Car thinks it's locked but it isn't!?

Just took it into Land Rover. I'm in a courtesy car. Hopefully they can sort. Why me??
03-09-2014 12:02pm
CRC@LandRover

(03-09-2014 12:02pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  Just took it into Land Rover. I'm in a courtesy car. Hopefully they can sort. Why me??

Hi Bobo,

I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had, the dealership should be able to resolve this for you, however should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me with your details.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
03-09-2014 12:06pm
B_o_b_o

(03-09-2014 12:06pm)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Bobo,

I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had, the dealership should be able to resolve this for you, however should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me with your details.

Many thanks,
Pete

Thanks Pete. I will keep this thread updated with progress. It's my birthday tomorrow as well Rolling Eyes
03-09-2014 12:14pm
m_101

Was the double beep due to something being seen as "open" at the time. There were problems early on with the bonnet catch IIRC similar to this.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
03-09-2014 12:52pm
B_o_b_o

(03-09-2014 12:52pm)m_101 Wrote:  Was the double beep due to something being seen as "open" at the time. There were problems early on with the bonnet catch IIRC similar to this.

No (unfortunately)

Land Rover have said I need a new latch/lock for the drivers door. Being fitted tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 08:46pm by B_o_b_o.)
03-09-2014 08:45pm
B_o_b_o

Land Rover repaired my vehicle and I had it returned to me the next day! Excellent service. Even had a courtesy car to use during the interim.

Transpired the drivers door 'latch' and 'cable' needed replacing - quite disconcerting for a vehicle only a couple of years old.
11-09-2014 07:47pm
CRC@LandRover

Thank you for the update, glad all is now resolved.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
12-09-2014 10:24am