Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car came back from the dealer scratched
Tibbles stryker

Car came back from the dealer scratched

Hi all,

Last week I had two wheels changed under warranty for corrosion on my dynamic. Great job.
Anyway as always I request that the car is not washed and returned the way I left it. I like to ensure that it gets no damage whilst in a dealers care (you see the marks in the dirt easily) and I use top quality products on the paintwork and don't want them removed by dealers detergents.
I picked it up on Friday evening and drove straight home. Saturday morning I noticed some scratches over the paintwork, the boot entry lip has two new scratches and it looks as though a dog or coat zip has been up the both sides of the car. It looks a mess and I doubt it will polish out. I called the dealer as soon as I noticed but service had already left. I know that the paint was immaculate prior to dropping it in as I'd used my machine polisher on it just before.
Anyone know where I stand with this? I'm very disappointed.

Forgot to mention they had washed the car for me even when I had already requested it not to be done. Had they done this to cover up?
Either way the paint looks very sad now.
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2016 06:32pm by Tibbles stryker.)
18-12-2016 06:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Car came back from the dealer scratched

Several dealers that I have used insist on walking around the car with you taking notes and photos when you take your car in to them. I think you will have a problem proving that it was their staff that scratched your car, your word against theirs. They will say that you should have inspected it before leaving their premises and told them before you drove off. Good luck trying to claim from them. I doubt that them washing the car to cover it up would be the case, possibly the washers did the scratches......... It is LR policy that cars taken in for a service get washed and internally cleaned after a service. Over on RRSport some of the members put a huge A4 printed notice on the front passenger seat and driver's seat when taking their car in for any work. If you have a dash cam have a look at the recording if it isn't too late. Where I live the local Land Rover dealership often washes Defenders and Discoveries BEFORE they will work on them - it's for employee HSE as many of these cars are used on farms and have slurry and/or rotting sillage and cowshit under them and in the wheel arches.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2016 10:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-12-2016 10:22pm
Tibbles stryker

Yeah I happen to think it'll be the case, really disappointed.
19-12-2016 08:15am
Tibbles stryker

Had no problems when I took the car back in and said that it would be rectified. It is booked in next Monday, fingers crossed that'll be the end of it.
17-01-2017 11:14am
IvorRedOne

Charles Hurst in Belfast insist on walking around the car and videoing all areas. Personally, I do think this is good practise.
17-01-2017 12:14pm