Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Insurance
Nantmoel

Car Insurance

Hi

I am having my new car on 4th March 2013 - I just been online with with my present insurance company AXA, I thought I'd put the details in for my new car for a quote £288 with full no claims protection! BUT the would only insure the car if it was fitted with a Tracker. Has anyone else here come across this when insuring their car.

Brian

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
17-02-2013 11:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

RE: Car Insurance

Had it when I first bought my X3 and insured through Direct Line. Subsequently it's never been asked for. However none of the quotes I've asked for on the Evoque have required it, none have discounted for having a Tracker fitted.

Have you been quoted by Land Rover insurance as they were very competitive against my current insurer (Aviva) who have been consistently cheaper than the main stream companies for my X3. Pretty sure LRI don't require a tracker but perhaps its also partly to do with where you keep the car overnight?

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 12:05pm by Trapdoor.)
17-02-2013 12:04pm
griff

Car Insurance

Tracker varies from Insurer to Insurer as does cover for Pano roof in glass section..
Best advice - shop around. I'm with Admiral and they did not require tracker on my SD4 Prestige Lux Coupe

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-02-2013 12:11pm
JohnM

LV also do not require a tracker Very Happy
17-02-2013 01:40pm
Nantmoel

Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated.

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
17-02-2013 02:43pm
cjh

(17-02-2013 02:43pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated.

AXA.....they are very top of the list in my black book, if they spent half as much effort in trying to help their customers as they do trying to pin point a clause that allow them to avoid paying out, then they might be worth a consideration. The cheaepest might cost you dear!

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
17-02-2013 06:24pm
KaDargo

Try Sainsburys - I was pleasantly surprised!!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
17-02-2013 06:41pm
Nantmoel

Tried both Landrover and Sainsbury's and both could not provide a quote! I'm 54 clean licence full no claims etc. etc. Sainsbury do not even list the RR Evoque in there Landrover selection!! Hastings Direct via Go Compare £307.

17-02-2013 07:27pm
tetstb

As mentioned before LV dont need a tracker but they added an endorsement to my policy to say if the pano roof was damaged whilst driving on any surface other than a standard road it would not be covered.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
17-02-2013 07:31pm
J77

I just insured with Hastings Direct through Compare the Meerkat Very Happy

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-02-2013 07:39pm