Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Designers - Missing the obvious!
DiscoDad

Morning All,

When approaching the car in pitch darkness it looks really nice all lit up when you press the unlock button.
The rear lights & front sidelights come on, puddle lights under the mirrors even come on so that you can see anything that you might need to avoid stepping in!
As you get in, the dash is lit, nicely showing you all the controls, except that is, for one (or two) important buttons.

The start/stop button is not illuminated.

The seat memory buttons are not illuminated.

These are the 2 buttons that I want to press first before doing anything else in the car prior to driving off.

Also, when parking the car in darkness, I always switch off the lights before turning off the engine, it's just something that I've always done. But when you do, the start/stop button goes out and you can't see it! the D4 was just the same.

Designers can be so short sighted sometimes don't you think?

Ordered 3-4-2012 - Build date 27-6-2012 - Delivery expected 9-7-2012 - Actual delivery 29-6-2012
SD4 Auto Dynamic, Orkney Grey with black pano roof, style 7 wheels, lux pack, verve interior, ebony headlining, privacy glass, adaptive xenons, heated steering wheel, load retension system.
06-01-2013 11:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scalle

RE: Car Designers - Missing the obvious!

hey, that is true, i'd also like the memorybuttons to be illuminated,
also i'd like that the ill. doorsteps would change color together with the ambient led-lighting!

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
06-01-2013 12:40pm
goldenboi79

Re: Car Designers - Missing the obvious!

DiscoDad - Headlamps are automatic, no? Why are you manually turning them off before exiting the car? If you leave the on auto the interior will stay illuminated as necessary an lighting only extinguish on locking. Also does your cabin dome lighting not come on when you open the doors? This should easily allow you to see the start button and seat memory buttons. I enter and exit my Evoque in a pitch black drive and have never experienced any issues seeing buttons.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
06-01-2013 12:59pm
gren_ru

((P)) button don't illuminate too.....
06-01-2013 03:54pm
eddkawasaki

on the subject of lights I did find a kind of design feature which is quite nice, if you press the headlights button on the remote the headlights come on (kind of obvious i know) but if you are approaching from the back of the car press it again and the reversing lights come on too lighting up the approach from the rear.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
06-01-2013 04:28pm
Asty

The memory buttons would not need to illuminate if the memory function was linked to the key that unlocked the car. On our Z4, the seats move as soon as you open the door.

Totally agree with the start/stop button though.

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
06-01-2013 07:36pm
slee18

My memory button illuminate when the headlights are on

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
06-01-2013 08:46pm
goldenboi79

Mine do as well. It sounds like DiscoDad manuals turns his headlights off for some reason though.

(06-01-2013 08:46pm)slee18 Wrote:  My memory button illuminate when the headlights are on

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
07-01-2013 04:44am
Bowl

(06-01-2013 12:59pm)goldenboi79 Wrote:  DiscoDad - Headlamps are automatic, no? Why are you manually turning them off before exiting the car? If you leave the on auto the interior will stay illuminated as necessary an lighting only extinguish on locking. Also does your cabin dome lighting not come on when you open the doors? This should easily allow you to see the start button and seat memory buttons. I enter and exit my Evoque in a pitch black drive and have never experienced any issues seeing buttons.

+1
I leave it on Auto all the time. A mad scientist spent some years of his life in his basement and finally came up with this very useful technology. For the sake of his contribution, I say let's make use of it.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
07-01-2013 10:32pm
ojonesyo

(06-01-2013 11:53am)DiscoDad Wrote:  Morning All,

When approaching the car in pitch darkness it looks really nice all lit up when you press the unlock button.
The rear lights & front sidelights come on, puddle lights under the mirrors even come on so that you can see anything that you might need to avoid stepping in!
As you get in, the dash is lit, nicely showing you all the controls, except that is, for one (or two) important buttons.

The start/stop button is not illuminated.

The seat memory buttons are not illuminated.

These are the 2 buttons that I want to press first before doing anything else in the car prior to driving off.

Also, when parking the car in darkness, I always switch off the lights before turning off the engine, it's just something that I've always done. But when you do, the start/stop button goes out and you can't see it! the D4 was just the same.

Designers can be so short sighted sometimes don't you think?

erm.......I'm sure my start button has red glowing lettering?????

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
07-01-2013 11:02pm