Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can we code our RRE's?
Wagstafari

Can we code our RRE's?

Guys,

I've recently bought myself a (new to me!) F30 BMW and after doing some research via the forums I purchased my self an esys cable (£15), downloaded the required software (free) and started to code/enable features in my car Cool

To date I have:

Added Enhanced Bluetooth support (enables streaming of audio over BT + office integration for SMS and email etc) - this is a £300 option !!
Added video in motion and from USB and unlocked all DVD regions
Removed annoying disclaimer messages from reverse camera and start up on the Sat Nav systems
Enabled some fancy lighting options

etc etc....

Point is can we do this on our RRE's?

Some things I'd like to do to the wife's Evoque is see if I can change the digital speed from KM to MPH as I've shipped my Aussie car back home to the UK and changed the old (KM) fascia over to MPH, but its very annoying having the KMs displaying as you can imagine. I know EU RREs have this option in the menu setting but AU RRE's do not... Shocked

Also adding UK Maps as my Aussie maps are useless in UK and the LR want around £150 Embarrassed
Also Video in motion (not urgent)

Hoping someone may have the same curiosity as moi !

Cheers

Wag

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
09-12-2015 07:35pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ringo

RE: Can we code our RRE's?

Wag
Think you can change the Kph to Mph in the menu settings. Not at the car presently put sure i have seen it there along with other settings.

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
10-12-2015 10:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wagstafari

(10-12-2015 10:20am)Ringo Wrote:  Wag
Think you can change the Kph to Mph in the menu settings. Not at the car presently put sure i have seen it there along with other settings.

Hi, you can change the dist to empty to MPH, which also changes the Sat Nav distance to Miles !! But not the actual digital speed reading (as far as I have tested).

Please do check if you can, although another Aussie member tried his and confirmed this is not possible. Whereas a Euro member tried and succeed on theirs....

This is typical of the cars that are sent to AU - they do not have all the features the EU cars have...

Cheers,

Wag

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
10-12-2015 10:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Your Aus spec Evoque wouldn't have any MPH conversion as it isn't required in Aus or Kiwi as your official units are metric. Becase it is dead easy for us to get across the channel and for Europeans to come here then our cars have the conversion system. I'm sure that there will be other things that Aus/Kiwi, Japanese, Hong Kong Singapore and a few other RHD market cars cannot convert as well. It will be interesting the first time yours goes into a UK dealership as I bet that their staff will spend a few minutes scratching their heads while they figure out why your VIN doesn't come up on the European spec cars service history database! You might have to warn your local dealership in advance that it is an Aus spec car!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-12-2015 04:10pm
Jim NI

Can be done with a tool that is capable of editing the CCF file, list includes GAP IID, Autologic etc.
19-12-2015 12:57pm