Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some help understanding build options.
scrannel

Some help understanding build options.

Hello, when I went shopping for my Evoque the only "must have" option for me was the MagneRide suspension. Which in the USA meant getting a Dynamic version (2013). Now I had a look at the build break down on the TOPIx page and found a few items I would love some clarity on. Perhaps someone could give me some insight? Anyway, these are the items I'm curious about. Thanks.
"SPORT EDITION";
"FRONT SPRING LOAD CLASS-A";
"STEERING RACKS - UPRATED";
"REAR SPRING LOAD CLASS-G";
"STABILIZER BAR REAR - CLASS A"

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 01:07pm by scrannel.)
08-02-2013 01:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Some help understanding build options.

OK, replying to myself. I ran a bunch of USA spec VINs (not exhaustive of course) and think maybe it's:

"SPORT EDITION" -- seems to only be on all Dynamic, with or w/o MagneRide. Still not sure what it means. Maybe just trim? (Funny bumpers, neon scuff plates etc.?)

"FRONT SPRING LOAD CLASS-A" -- Seems to be found only on Dynamic 5 door, with Magnetic ride. I see "CLASS-B" on everything else, including all coupes. MagneRide or not.

"STEERING RACKS - UPRATED" - Maybe this is to indicate something about a previous problem with steering? Unsure. In other words: 'fixed!".

"REAR SPRING LOAD CLASS-G";
"STABILIZER BAR REAR - CLASS A -- these both seem to be on all USA models.

FWIW

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
08-02-2013 06:19pm
doug

First sign of maddness, talking & answering yourself Wink

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
08-02-2013 10:18pm
scrannel

(08-02-2013 10:18pm)doug Wrote:  First sign of maddness, talking & answering yourself Wink
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kinds of questions do stupid people ask?"
-- Scott Adams

BMW K1200R. Black.
08-02-2013 10:27pm
Straydox

Ahh some folks think the Dynamic suspension somehow does away with the road springs, when in fact the springs are retained and it's just electronically controlled dampers (or shock absorbers depending which side of the Atlantic you are on).

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
08-02-2013 10:28pm