Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Camera's - to order or not
Token

I was in a sitaution with the Evoque today that meant I was reversing into an incredibly tight space in a car park which had short bollards to the left of the space...I was reversing in from the right which meant there was no way of using the mirrors to see the bollards and the height of the Evoque meant that there was no way of seeing the bollards from inside the car either. So...I switched to Camera view, zooming in on the two most appropriate camera's, and it was brilliant!! Getting into the space was all of a sudden very very easy, even though I had to get to within an inch of the bollards because of the angle at which I had to reverse in from.

When I got out the car, I had a look at the bollards which had the paint of many cars on them!!

So...can't remember the cost of the camera's, but this is the third time I've used them in tight situations and I love them!! Well worth whatever they cost...add them to your orders now.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
23-11-2011 02:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Camera's - to order or not

Hear hear. I'm at a clients and the exit veiw is blocked by hedges. Camera will allow me to see before pulling out.
Great

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
23-11-2011 03:17pm
Ezandania

Griff, i'm sure that took a small leap of faith. I'm sure the cameras are all good, but somehow I think it needs some getting used to, esp in the situation you described. I would still tend to trust my own eyes (if you know what I mean) haha!

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
23-11-2011 03:34pm
griff

Not if you put the cameras in junction mode.
You can see very well. I tested then at a junction where I could see well and compared the view. They worked well.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
23-11-2011 06:57pm
DDX

As fantastic as the system is, I couldn't justify the cost. I feel I become over reliant on technology as start losing touch with my senses. I once reversed my dad car into a tree because I was waiting for the sensors to start beeping, trouble is I forgot he didn't have them, thank G-d it was only a tree!

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
23-11-2011 07:24pm
mark_n

I agree, I think the cameras will be good. I have a tight parking space in London and I think they will help. The question is then whether I can get out of the car after parking it with the coupe's longer doors.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-11-2011 06:15am
Ezandania

Mark, worse comes to worst, there's always the rear hatch haha!

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
24-11-2011 07:51am
vcruiser

The cameras are a great luxury but i still rely on my senses more than i do with the cameras. Those are just there to make sure i didn't park like a fool!

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
24-11-2011 01:41pm
sirrah4941

(23-11-2011 02:47pm)Token Wrote:  I was in a sitaution with the Evoque today that meant I was reversing into an incredibly tight space in a car park which had short bollards to the left of the space...I was reversing in from the right which meant there was no way of using the mirrors to see the bollards and the height of the Evoque meant that there was no way of seeing the bollards from inside the car either. So...I switched to Camera view, zooming in on the two most appropriate camera's, and it was brilliant!! Getting into the space was all of a sudden very very easy, even though I had to get to within an inch of the bollards because of the angle at which I had to reverse in from.

When I got out the car, I had a look at the bollards which had the paint of many cars on them!!

So...can't remember the cost of the camera's, but this is the third time I've used them in tight situations and I love them!! Well worth whatever they cost...add them to your orders now.

Are the camera's standard on the dynamic? i have ordered my 3 door dynamic so am keen to know if they are (dealer said they were).
04-12-2011 07:38pm
Straydox

(04-12-2011 07:38pm)sirrah4941 Wrote:  Are the camera's standard on the dynamic? i have ordered my 3 door dynamic so am keen to know if they are (dealer said they were).

Nope, not unless you have included one of the option packs as well in your spec?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
04-12-2011 07:57pm