Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
C1 Crystal Lacquer
Kentboy

C1 Crystal Lacquer

Just purchased £200 of GTechniq kit ready for my new baby. Anyone used C1 here. The website has a disclaimer to agree to before you can buy it so am just a little concerned that its not as easy as the YouTube video suggests.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
24-06-2012 07:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: C1 Crystal Lacquer

Yes I've used it. It's all in the prep - the application is easy - you just have to look closely to ensure you don't leave any residue behind as if you do it may need to be polished off.

Which version have you got is it C1 or C1+ with C1.5? If it's the latter then that is even easier to use as it cures more slowly.
25-06-2012 12:01pm
BTS18

I haven't applied it myself, but I do have it on the car....................fantastic stuff.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
25-06-2012 02:01pm
Rootsboy

C1 Crystal Lacquer

Yes I have c1+ on with c1.5 silo seal on the front end of my car.
And as said its all getting the paint ready for the application which is the hard work.
Is performing great so far. Wanted to do the rest of the car. But summer is now and there is to much dust and dirt floating around in the air for me to start polishing. Will have to wait till the september\october rains or turn my pagoda into a proper garage to do it safely.
So far the area I have it on is doing a great job of repelling that dust when I head down the dry tracks and it makes it so easy to clean when needed.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
26-06-2012 10:37am
Dwp

(24-06-2012 07:39pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Just purchased £200 of GTechniq kit ready for my new baby. Anyone used C1 here. The website has a disclaimer to agree to before you can buy it so am just a little concerned that its not as easy as the YouTube video suggests.

Hi, yeah I applied C1+, C1.5, G1, and C5 a couple of weeks ago, overall pleased with the results. I would say that if you are doing it inside make sure the lighting is adequate, I found the bonnet a bit patchy when I took it outside, it buffed up ok when I applied another coat of Silo.

Also make sure you have a good supply of MF cloths.

dp

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
26-06-2012 06:51pm
Kentboy

(25-06-2012 12:01pm)WB Wrote:  Yes I've used it. It's all in the prep - the application is easy - you just have to look closely to ensure you don't leave any residue behind as if you do it may need to be polished off.

Which version have you got is it C1 or C1+ with C1.5? If it's the latter then that is even easier to use as it cures more slowly.

C1+

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
26-06-2012 09:14pm
WB
WB

(26-06-2012 09:14pm)Kentboy Wrote:  C1+

In that case you really should be fine but do follow all the instructions - do it indoors, polish if necessary with p1 then IPA wipe down before applying as per the video.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 09:22pm by WB.)
26-06-2012 09:21pm