Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying a new car on PCP - the detail
syl

Buying a new car on PCP - the detail

What's the process on ordering a new car? I haven't had a new car in about 15 years, and did it with money (loaned) from the bank last time around. This time I could (just) afford to buy it outright, but I'm going to use the dealer's PCP, partly because I don't want to drain my savings account, partly for the LR deposit contribution and partly for the guaranteed future value.

So, if I were to go to the dealer on Tuesday and order a car, that I won't receive until Christmas, what's the deal with regard to putting down a deposit (what's usual) and sorting out a finance agreement (would I sign the finance papers there and then, and be agreed there and then, or would finance be sorted out when the car was ready for delivery)? Can LR finance be paid back early, in part or in full, at no detriment?
11-09-2016 11:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
syl

RE: Buying a new car on PCP - the detail

OK - no need to answer it. I got impatient and have just ordered.

The answer was pay a £1000 deposit today and put the finance in place, but not actually take it out.
11-09-2016 02:38pm
Milky400

RE: Buying a new car on PCP - the detail

Yep, have done the same this end, although the car was new built stock so signing up finance Friday and collect Saturday. Didnt leave a deposit though as the dealership know us quite well, not sure if that's a good thing!!!
11-09-2016 04:12pm