Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying Evoque PP Today, HELP!!!
Evoque2B

Buying Evoque PP Today, HELP!!!

I have been wanting an evoque for some time now, I paid a visit to a car dealer today whom I’ve previously purchased from. He has found a 2015 Evoque pure plus for me for $31k with 33,000 miles. It is a 2 day auction online so I will have to give a response soon for him to order it. HOWEVER, he has urged me not to purchase it because of Range Rovers being notoriously unreliable. He says typically his lot will not get range rovers because they always have problems. I am a bit discouraged as you could imagine but Iike I said before this is something I really want. I am looking for some insight to help me in my decision moving forward from folks who own similar models.
25-11-2017 08:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sasdiscos

RE: Buying Evoque PP Today, HELP!!!

Hi,

They are the same as any car, mine is a 2013 and has been faultless. Some have had nothing but trouble. Personally I wouldn't buy any landcover product without a warranty now, maybe any car these days as they are now so complex.

Steve
26-11-2017 10:28am
Doody

my 2012 is heading towards 80K miles now. i bought it when it had 30K or so miles on it. if it wasn't still under warranty, i probably would not have purchased it. when the warranty was expiring i researched aftermarket options but ultimately balked at the cost - and my discomfort with whether any of these third-party warranty guys would be around in 2 or 4 years to honor their commitment. i have had no major problems with my car in 4 years and 50K miles of ownership. everything works as it's supposed to. zero drama. the only warranty issue i've foregone is that the RANGE ROVER lettering on the front and back started to turn weird splotchy black colors. LR wouldn't replace it out of warranty (uh, it's your FRICKIN' BRAND, GENIUSES!) so i simply took the letters off.

this is my first LR. i'd heard all sorts of horror stories (here and elsewhere). i wouldn't hesitate to buy another pre-owned RRE (with a factory warranty still running on it).

good luck!

doody.

2012 Prestige Premium
26-11-2017 03:53pm
Steve D

I’m in exactly the same position. 2012, 41k miles and now out of warranty. Had an electrical problem just after getting it (Keyless vehicle module - replaced under warranty) and just recently a driveshaft oil seal with a bit of oil misting that, to be honest, if it wasn’t under warranty I’d have left it as not even one drip of oil came out. Apart from that, it’s been all good and it drives like a dream. You can sometimes get a false impression of any car by reading these forums! I was offered an extra years LR warranty at £960 but I’ve put that aside in my own repair fund and it’ll be interesting to see how it goes this year. I also have a couple of discoloured letters on the RR lettering.

At around £500 for a main dealer service, I’ll be servicing it myself using quality parts for around £100 a time although it’s just been serviced by a main dealer as that was included in the package when I bought it so servicing not needed for another 11 months. I’ve just fitted a new quality battery (a bit sluggish and with winter coming up) but batteries aren’t covered on any extended warranties anyway.

I would consider buying another LR 4X4 but I don’t think I’d get a diesel one if it needed that addblue shyte!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2017 08:30am by Steve D.)
27-11-2017 08:05am
bangsters

It really depends on who drives them. If you abuse them and don't maintain then yea expect to have problems. My 2014 evoque pure plus has served me well for 3 years now. Took me 3yrs and 55k miles before i had to change front brakes. It was a lease that I decided to buy out after 3 yrs. So now it's a new love as I can now make changes to my liking.

Oh and I took her on a road trip from NJ to Texas twice.

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 03:46am by bangsters.)
01-12-2017 03:41am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doody

go bangsters!

mine's been from boston MA to the outer banks NC three times now. zero drama.

i had to replace my brakes at 54K or 55K miles as well.

doody

2012 Prestige Premium
03-12-2017 04:49pm