Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying
harrysbar

Buying

Hi I'm thinking of changing my car from a kia sportage for a 2012 Euvoque and I would appreciate some feedback on reliability on the Euvoque. This will be a retirement present for myself so just wondering if it's gonna be a good or bad move.
09-10-2016 07:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Buying

good move. on my second evo with no real problems.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
09-10-2016 09:14pm
PhilSkill

It's a great car, but it is a 4x4 so has more complex parts than a FWD so there is more chance of failures. It's a fairly well tested platform with the history of the Freelander prior/alongside to it.

Think about where you will get it serviced and maintained in the long run if you plan to keep it a long while and out of Warranty.

If you buy a new/recent edition there's also the Diesel running costs (Ad-Blue and Oil services to consider)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-10-2016 02:37pm
Reecey

(10-10-2016 02:37pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  It's a great car, but it is a 4x4 so has more complex parts than a FWD so there is more chance of failures. It's a fairly well tested platform with the history of the Freelander prior/alongside to it.

Think about where you will get it serviced and maintained in the long run if you plan to keep it a long while and out of Warranty.

If you buy a new/recent edition there's also the Diesel running costs (Ad-Blue and Oil services to consider)

Test drove a new Kia Sportage. Nice car lot's of toys but no comparison to the Evoque

2016 SE Tech, Corris Grey, pano roof, side bars, mudflaps, powered tailgate, reversing camera, privacy glass, 19" wheels
10-10-2016 04:03pm
PhilSkill

(10-10-2016 04:03pm)Reecey Wrote:  Test drove a new Kia Sportage. Nice car lot's of toys but no comparison to the Evoque

I would hope not, it's a lot less cash Smile

I had the older version of Sportage as a hire car, and yes it doesn't compare and was gut-less.

I'm 5 years in on the Evoque and only had 2 real failures so far... neither massive cost, but previous car ran faultless for 11 years other than the normal maintenance of brakes/Tyres, ok Battery at 7 years and first "real" failure was the fuel pump went at 11 years.

I do have some concern over the longevity and ongoing cost, with things like DPF, DMF, EGR, Haldex etc etc, but many cars have these now.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-10-2016 05:21pm
harrysbar

(09-10-2016 09:14pm)bee Wrote:  good move. on my second evo with no real problems.

Cheers Bee, you have a good one and pleased with it, happy days

(10-10-2016 02:37pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  It's a great car, but it is a 4x4 so has more complex parts than a FWD so there is more chance of failures. It's a fairly well tested platform with the history of the Freelander prior/alongside to it.

Well because it will be my retirement pressy I cannot see myself changing it so some points to consider there.
Thanks Philskill
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 08:30pm by harrysbar.)
10-10-2016 08:27pm