Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car stolen
fam1x

Car stolen

My car was stolen today. Not even sure how they did it, was left on the street away from the house.

Came back to find broken glass where I left the car.

I thought morden cars with engine immobiliser where hard to drive away.

Just thought you guys should be careful with your cars.

I have reported to the police and hope they can recover it. What are the chances? Never had a car stolen before.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 06:45pm by fam1x.)
09-08-2019 06:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Car stolen

Sorry to read this Famix, hope the insurance settles up soon as I suspect the car is already on its way to Pakistan or Malaysia in a container either complete or in bits.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-08-2019 10:30pm
fam1x

Thanks, in talks with insurance waiting to see what they offer as valuation.

Then have to decide what to buy next Smile.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
16-08-2019 02:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I’m loving my Countryman, beautifully built, not a rattle or squeak anywhere and at the moment 149mpg............ 80% used in electric mode helps there! It has had one visit to the dealership in 15 months for a software update that couldn’t be done over the air (the car is “connected”). Yes it is ugly, it isn’t a proper 4x4 but I have the Defender for those occasions and if I run in petrol only mode it is a thirsty little piggy, it has a 3 cylinder 1.5 turbo petrol engine in the front for when the electric at the rear runs out. Does 0-62 in > 6 secs and up to 83mph in pure electric mode. Problem.............. electric range is only 20-24 miles on a warm day, down to 14 in the depths of winter. However if it is plugged in to the domestic socket at home it takes 3 hours for a full charge (7.2kW battery) and on a cold night if plugged in it will self warm and you go out to a toasty warm car, doesn’t do it if not plugged though. I specced a heated front screen.......... never used it because the remote heat function defrosts the windows as well! Drawbacks - long trips mean lots of visits to filling stations as it has only 35litres of fuel tank, but with my current journey style 16 miles into Stirling and back and free charging in Stirling it is working fine for me. I would love to go back to an RR, but they are twice the price of the Countryman. If you don’t have a driveway or live in a flat then charging can be a problem, but not one I have!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-08-2019 08:26pm