Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build Date
ojonesyo

RE: Build Date

OK........its time I shared this with somebody. Ordered my Evoque in late January and was promised delivery in May, then date slipped to Jun/Jul boundary and now promised for mid July. I have been busy with work so put the matter out of my mind. Sold my car [Mercedes slk roadster] two weeks ago, helped by a short-lived spell of gorgeous weather!.... so now ready for the new car. I have use of two family Discoveries to keep me mobile.....but I have unconsciously become .......er......what is the word......er....broody? I have just realised that I have now swept my empty garage several times. This activity led me to decide to rebuild the side wall from scratch [now 50% complete], adding a new window, and some more lighting. New garage door on order too. I now liken myself to those many couples carefully decorating and readying their nurseries for a new baby. I have even been watching a tailored Evoque car cover on Ebay.......God I might need some help here! So, while you guys drive around in your evoques, think of me, ....building my wall, ......replacing my garage door, .....sweeping my garage floor, .....polishing my extra window, and testing my additional lighting, ........in my EMPTY garage! ....and if you see a Havana/tan 5door SD4 Prestige anywhere en-route between Liverpool and Tenby. ....please call 07973442401 asap! There....I feel better now
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 11:32pm by ojonesyo.)
15-06-2012 11:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

Owen butt....I know a very good therapist. Looks like I need to pop over with her as you are in need of some treatment!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2012 08:12am by MartinP.)
16-06-2012 08:12am
ojonesyo

(16-06-2012 08:12am)MartinP Wrote:  Owen butt....I know a very good therapist. Looks like I need to pop over with her as you are in need of some treatment!
You're always welcome over here......you can even try out my garage! Lets hope you don't find me sat in there, rocking gently back and forth .......and sucking my thumb! Hope your Evoque is behaving herself.
16-06-2012 08:59am
Mudi1

Ha!! Great stuff. Hope you have made the garage wide enough. The car has elephant ears. Perhaps a carpet under wheel would make it sleep well and refreshed for the journey ahead...
16-06-2012 09:20am
ojonesyo

(16-06-2012 09:20am)Mudi1 Wrote:  Ha!! Great stuff. Hope you have made the garage wide enough. The car has elephant ears. Perhaps a carpet under wheel would make it sleep well and refreshed for the journey ahead...

Yes, the evoque is virtually 2 metres wide!..... checked out the data when sorting out changes to garage door. Its going to be fun parking one in the typical multi-storey car park, yes?.
16-06-2012 03:34pm
Ianpembs

(15-06-2012 11:31pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  OK........its time I shared this with somebody. Ordered my Evoque in late January and was promised delivery in May, then date slipped to Jun/Jul boundary and now promised for mid July. I have been busy with work so put the matter out of my mind. Sold my car [Mercedes slk roadster] two weeks ago, helped by a short-lived spell of gorgeous weather!.... so now ready for the new car. I have use of two family Discoveries to keep me mobile.....but I have unconsciously become .......er......what is the word......er....broody? I have just realised that I have now swept my empty garage several times. This activity led me to decide to rebuild the side wall from scratch [now 50% complete], adding a new window, and some more lighting. New garage door on order too. I now liken myself to those many couples carefully decorating and readying their nurseries for a new baby. I have even been watching a tailored Evoque car cover on Ebay.......God I might need some help here! So, while you guys drive around in your evoques, think of me, ....building my wall, ......replacing my garage door, .....sweeping my garage floor, .....polishing my extra window, and testing my additional lighting, ........in my EMPTY garage! ....and if you see a Havana/tan 5door SD4 Prestige anywhere en-route between Liverpool and Tenby. ....please call 07973442401 asap! There....I feel better now

Must be a Pembrokeshire thing Im sat looking at a tax disc holder and rubber mats waiting for the stork to bring mine. Was hovering between Havana and Tan and OG and vibe on a Prestige but decision made we cant have two havana/tans in the county. Mine due July/ Aug it getting painful now dealer asked if I wanted to hang on til Sept for new reg but I cant wait any longer. Seen a black and a white one locally and both look lovely. We may even be on same transporter heading South . Pregnancy a walk in the park compared to this (only joking ladies honest)
17-06-2012 04:50pm
ojonesyo

Update: some of you have been well aware of the wait for my Havana/tan Evoque, the two revised delivery dates, and my plight of have a large garage with nothing to put in it....having sold my SLK. Indeed some of you have arranged a suicide watch roster, which has been very considerate of you all.
Well this morning, I get 'The call'....it arrives at the dealers in a few days and once a number of items are added/sorted, its mine for collection sometime next week...... better get my garage wall, etc. done .....well I've had long enough to do it!
18-06-2012 07:55pm
MartinP

Excellent news Owen.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-06-2012 08:46pm
ojonesyo

Update.......my havana/tan Evoque is at the dealers......currently sat on top of their 'Rockery' [do all Land Rover dealers have 'rock formations' out front?]...... ready for me to collect on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone who has advised me so knowledgeably, kept me entertained over the last 5 months, and especially those who kept me under 'suicide watch' when the waiting got too much last week. Yes my garage repairs are virtually done too. .....just in time. Will try to load some images when time and weather allow it. [Garage pictures available on request....LOL!]

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 12:26am by ojonesyo.)
24-06-2012 11:36pm
Neo

Build Date

Good luck with the pickup. I saw a Havana in the flesh last week and it looked awesome!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
25-06-2012 01:03am