Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Broken Windscreens
SEC

Broken Windscreens

Has anyone had to replace their 'heated' windscreen ?

Mine has sustained a stone chip/ now crack on the driver's side which is slowly but surely spreading.

When my RRE was rattling like mad previously, the dealership inadvertently broke the windscreen when they were removing it to replace the roof lining/ turret and it took weeks for the new screen to arrive.

I'm covered for standard windscreen through my insurer, but i doubt they'll run to the costs of a special, order in, heated windscreen.

Any thoughts ?

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
16-06-2014 06:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

RE: Broken Windscreens

I have replaced mine once, but it was not a heated one. I have a Dynamic so it has the windscreen with rain sensing capacity. When I rang my insurance and learned all I need to do was contact one of their windscreen repairers and have it replaced. Initially they wanted to put a non RR screen in and when they learned of the need for a rain sensing screen, they and the insurance company agreed to replace it with an original RR one. Then I expected the worst, thinking there would be none available in Australia, only surprised to learn there were around 40 or more suitable screens available in Australia via Land Rover. I had one in a couple of days, but they broke some of the clips on the A pillar covers, which took several week to come in. I have since had problems with the A pillars and it took Land Rover over 6 months to get a full set of the pins that hold in the A pillars.

So you may be lucky to be able to find a heated one available in Australia. I have friends with Jeeps and they have heaps of trouble with getting any basics parts in Australia.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
16-06-2014 10:36am
SEC

RE: Broken Windscreens

Thanks for your reply.

Have lodged the claim and explained that it's heated so hopefully I'll be supplied with comparable product without all the problems that you've expended with Pins.

Thanks to everyone who viewed my pits as well.

This is a nice community to have.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
17-06-2014 06:20am