Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breaking her in - results
Wired

Breaking her in - results

Before we start, my wife insists its a she Confused

I picked up my car (for spec see sig) this Wednesday and drove it in one go from Madrid to Amsterdam which is about 1800km or 1100miles.

Before that I noticed the hesitation and surging behavior mentioned in other threads. I can safely say that both have gone now and she now pulls away as smooth as you want it and the lag is almost gone. There is some left but this is something I have found in all automatic cars.

The car feel "light" and dare I say sporty, quickly responding to the trottle.

So how did I drive it? Well most of the way I was doing 120/130 kmh which ever was the speed limit. I am a sporty driver and I like get away quickly from a stop, but I am not a drag racer.
I managed an avarage fuel consumption of 8.6/100km and the average speed for the the whole trip was 95kmh so I am pleased with those numbers.

So my advise is not to be to slow while breaking her in but also dont drive it like you stole it.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
16-03-2012 10:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrewcui

RE: Breaking her in - results

I also noticed the hesitation dissapeared after about 200km.

I have been driving my similar to yours... not thrashing it but also not treating it like it is a fragile baby Tongue Out

My dealer also recommened if i go on a long drive not to sit on the same speed for extended periods, but yes.. the engine definatly opens up after a few hundered km

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
16-03-2012 11:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply