Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bought 2 Evoques today! Am I mad?
Craig_d1

Bought 2 Evoques today! Am I mad?

I went into my local Land Rover dealership today to place an order on an OG Evoque Dynamic SD4 auto with pano roof, black leather, privacy, keyless, electric boot, surround camera and heated steering wheel. Think it worked out £42kish.
I knew I'd have a wait on my hand and they said looking at jun/jul as poss delivery time. However, they had just received a brand new Pure SD4 auto in OG with pano roof, tech pack, electric boot, privacy, auto dimming and folding mirrors. The car had just been delivered but the buyer cancelled as he was moving abroad. List price £35,740.
I'm part-ex'ing my 7 yrs old A4 avant against it and he offered me 8k against it, which was more than Audi offered me. It needs new tyres in the next couple thousand miles and brake pads.
I therefore bought the pure as can have it for immediate delivery(can have it for pick up on Monday if I wish, though waiting till next Saturday as that's the soonest I can do it work permitting).
I've still placed an order for the dynamic as that's the spec I'm truly infatuated with, but my reasoning for buying the pure is as follows...
I'm probably going to have to get 4 new tyres and disc pads which will set me back £1500' and in 6months will prob loose a couple more grand in depreciation (as I think the price they offered me was good anyway)' so let's say I'm going to have to spend/loose 3.5k on the Audi, that represents 10% of the evoque value.
By getting the evoque pure, I'm driving away in a car that's not the spec I want but still a fantastic car, without having to wait at all, and if demand is so rampant and the 2nd hand values remain strong, hopefully won't loose to much when I part ex it against the dynamic.
My question is, does everyone think 2nd hand values will remain strong so that I shouldn't loose to much on switching the evoque in 6/7 months, or am I being stupid and should just wait for my dynamic?
19-11-2011 11:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: Bought 2 Evoques today! Am I mad?

Good luck to you.

Such a ridiculous thought had crossed my mind! Didn't think the wife would wear it somehow!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
20-11-2011 12:04am
Craig_d1

(20-11-2011 12:04am)ChuckieB Wrote:  Good luck to you.

Such a ridiculous thought had crossed my mind! Didn't think the wife would wear it somehow!

Very Happy my wife is partial to Land Rovers and I took her along to the dealership. It was her idea! I see you've ordered a Firenze. There was a dynamic Firenze with Verve interior ready for pickup at the dealership when we got there. Absolutely stunning, to the point that I change my mind and have ordered Firenze on my dynamic. Here's hoping 2nd hand values stay strong, otherwise I won't be able to afford to switch....
20-11-2011 12:17am
The Valeter

(20-11-2011 12:17am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Very Happy my wife is partial to Land Rovers and I took her along to the dealership. It was her idea! I see you've ordered a Firenze. There was a dynamic Firenze with Verve interior ready for pickup at the dealership when we got there. Absolutely stunning, to the point that I change my mind and have ordered Firenze on my dynamic. Here's hoping 2nd hand values stay strong, otherwise I won't be able to afford to switch....

If values drop just do as another member has done on his Presitige - Get the Dynamic bumpers, sills, grill etc, have it painted & fitted = Pure-Dynamic Wink

What dealer has that Firenze with Verve? Did you see what wheels were on it & the colour of the headlining?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
20-11-2011 02:22am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jiggyjaggy

Who was e owner of the prestige-dynamic conversion. Any links to photos of the conversion?
20-11-2011 02:25am
The Valeter

(20-11-2011 02:25am)jiggyjaggy Wrote:  Who was e owner of the prestige-dynamic conversion. Any links to photos of the conversion?

A member in London on here. It is a white Prestige with conversion, forgot the username but just do a search on the system & it will show up.

Here is a link to a thread with the prices.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-Parts-Prices

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 02:57am by The Valeter.)
20-11-2011 02:54am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

Craig - You are totally nuts - yet my hero all at the same time!
Well sort of.
Because as much as anyone buying two of these incredible cars is worthy of my admiration -are you saying that in 6 mths you will be gladly lose money on your first Evoque - plus be paying 7000 pounds more for 2 less doors (heavier ones at that), a more claustrophobic rear that's harder to get into for any passengers. And those slooooow front seats.
And exactly the same color interior/exterior.
I'm thinking you might be tempted to keep the Pure and treat yourself to an all expenses paid tropical vacation, for four instead Smile
But good luck with your decision!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
20-11-2011 03:40am
ceebee

Craig, I have to agree with Evoqess, you may find that after driving the Pure for a few months, you may start to wonder why you would want to pay the extra money for your "ideal spec". I have a Pure and I love it. Ok, it may not have as many toys as i would wish for but it certainly does the job very well and for the vast majority of people on the streets it may as well be a Prestige or Dynamic as they don't know the difference.

However, from a financial point of view I think that you have made the right decision getting shot of the A4 as I suspect that your Pure wont lose too much money whilst you have it and at the end of the day you will have a Evoque for the winter......................

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
20-11-2011 09:23am
Craig_d1

(20-11-2011 02:22am)The Valeter Wrote:  If values drop just do as another member has done on his Presitige - Get the Dynamic bumpers, sills, grill etc, have it painted & fitted = Pure-Dynamic Wink

What dealer has that Firenze with Verve? Did you see what wheels were on it & the colour of the headlining?

The Firenze was at Lancaster Reading dealership, but it was being picked up that day, so will be gone by now. I took some photo's of it and will try to post them, though never attempted that before so may take me awhile to muddle through it. I want to wipe the number plate off too, as it isn't my car but someone else's pride and joy. He had the lower bumper's changed to gloss black too. Looks awesome...
(20-11-2011 03:40am)Evoqess Wrote:  Craig - You are totally nuts - yet my hero all at the same time!
Well sort of.
Because as much as anyone buying two of these incredible cars is worthy of my admiration -are you saying that in 6 mths you will be gladly lose money on your first Evoque - plus be paying 7000 pounds more for 2 less doors (heavier ones at that), a more claustrophobic rear that's harder to get into for any passengers. And those slooooow front seats.
And exactly the same color interior/exterior.
I'm thinking you might be tempted to keep the Pure and treat yourself to an all expenses paid tropical vacation, for four instead Smile
But good luck with your decision!

No, the dynamic is a 5 door too. I do feel a bit of an idiot but told the dealership that a may just keep the pure and cancel the dynamic depending on how I feel once I drive it for a bit. Still, I love the body kit on the dynamic, wanted the adaptive dampers, xenons, cameras, plus the wheels and front fogs( only have standard 18 inch wheels and no fogs on the pure). So for the extra cash you do get a fair bit more on the dynamic? One thing I am impressed with that didn't know about is the standard keys. They work like partial keyless go keys. You only have to unlock the car with them, but after that you can put them back in your pocket, as when you get in the car, they are keyless. Just need to put your foot on the brake and push the start button and away you go.
Plus I've ordered the Firenze.
If I do get on with the pure will prob just get some bigger alloys and try and get the fogs put on. Dealer wasn't too sure if that could be done.
Then again in a couple of years the disco(wife's car) will be 4 years old and hopefully we'll be rid of prams etc so won't need the space and can part ex that against the face lifted version when it comes outSmile....nice to dream
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 09:53am by Craig_d1.)
20-11-2011 09:40am
Lookers Park Royal

We've had a few customers do this with the rationale being that the first Evoques depreciation in the interim will be less than the depreciation and maintenance on their part-exchange over the same term.

James Smile
20-11-2011 09:53am