Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Bonnetgate - TOPIx fraud?
AndyFrance

Bonnetgate - TOPIx fraud?

Well, it’s official folks, TOPIx cannot be relied upon to be accurate…..Or can it?

I have received a letter signed by Marc Luini, managing director JLR France that states my TOpIx ‘Minor features’ build list is “incorrect”…….Or is it?

You may be sick and tired of reading about my ongoing battle with JLR, but you should know how easy it is for them to change your cars online spec whenever they want, to whatever they want. The potential for an online error or a fraud to be committed is just the click of a computer key away.

My car was delivered without bonnet vent’s, but my TOPIx list says it has them. I informed JLR that I believe the bonnet was changed prior to delivery…….They deny that, then changed my online list. They got that change wrong, so I expect it to change again today to include the word ‘Less’. They DO NOT explain how or why the “incorrect” listing happened, so is it honestly an error, or are they changing the list because it suits them?

I have to really push them for information. They don’t like replying to my letter’s or email. I’ve sent a couple of mail’s to the big boss Speth, bet he’s never seen them. My last attempt to contact him was intercepted by Tony Murphy from the “Executive office” whatever that means. He emailed me with the usual computer generated apologies and fake concern. He went on to say he’d contact the global team then contact me again to discuss further………..A week later, no reply, so I contacted him………….no reply.

Their continuing apparent refusal to acknowledge my correspondence, and their amateurish attempt to change the TOPIx list is making me very suspicious.

If the current bonnet with misaligned Range Rover lettering is correct and their list is incorrect……….I wonder why the dealership had my car a week before they told me it had arrived?..........Was the bonnet replaced?

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-02-09%20at%2006.26....6anfah.jpg]

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-02-09%20at%2006.30....39z1ko.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 07:44am by AndyFrance.)
09-02-2016 07:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Bonnetgate - TOPIx fraud?

When dealing with problems with large corporations and local authorities, I've always had great success by first finding out the corporate address or even better, the personal address of the chief executive or even a large public meeting that they are due to address and notifying them (not asking) that you will be in the area on a particular day and will be visiting them to discuss your problem personally. Then sit back while their designated flunky resolves your problem because an irate customer visiting them face to face is the last thing they want and they will normally do anything to avoid that situation.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
09-02-2016 07:51am
AndyFrance

(09-02-2016 07:51am)Steve D Wrote:  When dealing with problems with large corporations and local authorities, I've always had great success by first finding out the corporate address or even better, the personal address of the chief executive or even a large public meeting that they are due to address and notifying them (not asking) that you will be in the area on a particular day and will be visiting them to discuss your problem personally. Then sit back while their designated flunky resolves your problem because an irate customer visiting them face to face is the last thing they want and they will normally do anything to avoid that situation.

I've already thought about that Steve. Maybe turn up at a major launch press day and confront the MD.

I have to laugh about this......Every time I write to them, I imagine them squirming in their M&S suits in the "Executive office"

Cheers
09-02-2016 07:56am
AndyFrance

Below is part of an email I received this afternoon from Rémi Vuillemin, technical and customer care manager JLR France.

This is the official position of Jaguar Land Rover with regard to TOPIx, and to your build list. Make of it what you will. Personally, I believe the last sentence to be a bit of a joke.

"As an introduction I would like to insist on the fact that Topix is an information tool for professional repairers only and does not represent any proof or contract between you and Land Rover. Topix is not the tool used by a dealer to configure and order a car, nor a tool that reflects the different steps of production, it is not its purpose. The purpose of this tool is to display repair methods and diagnostic methods, not to inform dealers or repairers about the product definition i.e the vehicle options and definitions. It can happen that this tool is not always accurate in terms of product definition therefore we are using another internal tool when there is a doubt. Finally this system was never designed to be used by our customers."
12-02-2016 05:53pm
jitenc

Hi AndyFrance,
I just hope this is not going to be you......

http://news.sky.com/story/1553576/man-sm...in-protest

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
13-02-2016 01:20am
AndyFrance

jitenc............He's my uncle Won Ung LLowe..........Our family have all had bad luck with new cars Rolling Eyes
13-02-2016 07:25pm