Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bonnet damaged by wiper
Kimv

Bonnet damaged by wiper

I believe most are aware now about the problem when raising the wipers to wash the car; one of them touches the edge of the bonnet. Before I knew about this I encountered this problem and now there is a small scuff on the edge of the bonnet. The paint is basically gone in a small area of about 1 cm length. I suppose I'm not the only to have this so I was wondering if anyone had it fixed, the paintwork that is. Do you think I should be able to have it repaired under warranty since it is obviously a design/construction "error" or at least something that has been overlooked by LR? I also believe it is nowhere mentioned in the official documentation that this problem exists which emphasizes the "overlooked by LR" argument.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 07:04pm by Kimv.)
11-01-2013 07:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andylel

RE: Bonnet damaged by wiper

(11-01-2013 07:03pm)Kimv Wrote:  I believe most are aware now about the problem when raising the wipers to wash the car; one of them touches the edge of the bonnet. Before I knew about this I encountered this problem and now there is a small scuff on the edge of the bonnet. The paint is basically gone in a small area of about 1 cm length. I suppose I'm not the only to have this so I was wondering if anyone had it fixed, the paintwork that is. Do you think I should be able to have it repaired under warranty since it is obviously a design/construction "error" or at least something that has been overlooked by LR? I also believe it is nowhere mentioned in the official documentation that this problem exists which emphasizes the "overlooked by LR" argument.

If you look in the manual there is a reference to putting the wipers in the service position for this very reason. Winter wiper park does the same thing if you have it.
11-01-2013 07:15pm
Sarcastrix

It's fairly common on Audi's too, to set the wipers to a park position.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
12-01-2013 06:48pm
Kimv

Bonnet damaged by wiper

In other words: not a chance in hell to have it repaired under warranty Smile. I'll just have it done like this then.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
12-01-2013 09:27pm
leveller

(12-01-2013 09:27pm)Kimv Wrote:  In other words: not a chance in hell to have it repaired under warranty Smile. I'll just have it done like this then.

I scuffed mine too. I think LR could have added a way of levering the blade arm away from the bonnet edge as it is manually pulled upwards. Bad design decision as it is.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
19-01-2013 04:21pm