Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bonnet Vents - Group Buy?
chiggy

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to get a group buy going for the bonnet vents from Dan at Duckworth Parts (Site sponsor).

The coupe versions of the car come with bonnet vents however the 5drs don't. There are a few ways to get the bonnet vents on as seen here: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Bonnet-Ve...nnet+vent.

You can cut holes into your bonnet or you can find a way to shave off the extensions so its flat and just stick them on using 3M tape.

I've spoken to Dan and he's priced the pair at £140 ($220 approx) per pair and £39.00 ($60.00) per pair postage fees. He has however said that if they are just posted to one person, the postage would be reduced. So, if everyone is happy with it, the vents can be posted to myself and I can post them out to you for a fee of $25, instead of everyone individually paying £39.00 ($60.00). If you are happy with this, let me know. We need a minimum of 5 people. How you put them onto your bonnet is upto you, personally I'm going to be shaving the clips off, getting some 3M black vinyl, putting that on the bonnet under the bonnet vent to prevent dirt buildup on the bonnet itself and that's going to be that.

Available in the Silver/Grey finish and Gloss Black finish.

So far we have:
1. Chiggy (Gloss Black)
2. Kaiser (Gloss Black)
3. ubhishek (Gloss Black)

PM me or reply to this thread and once we have a minimum of 5, can move onto the payment and order side. Obviously the more we can get - the better.

Its a relatively inexpensive way of adding a bit of swagger to the car (I do not work in marketing, so this is possibly the worst punchline known to man). PM me ASAP.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 05:23am by chiggy.)
05-09-2012 08:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

Hi Chiggy,

I am planning to buy some extra parts through Dan so I will bundle my order separately. Can u remove me off this list pls? And thanks for organizing it.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
10-09-2012 05:48am
superfox

RE: Bonnet Vents - Group Buy?

(10-09-2012 05:48am)Neo Wrote:  Hi Chiggy,

I am planning to buy some extra parts through Dan so I will bundle my order separately. Can u remove me off this list pls? And thanks for organizing it.

Neo

What have you ordered from Dan I'm also after a lot of gear we maybe able to bundle ??

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
10-09-2012 07:06am
Neo

Hi,

I ordered the mudflaps and boot liners and have installed them and both looked great!

Next is maybe the bonnet vents and the illuminated tread plates.

How about you?

Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

10-09-2012 07:55am
superfox

I've done the rigid boot liner, illuminated tread plates, seat covers , sports pedals, valve caps, trunk tread plate.

I really want the complete black out kit - grill,vents,lip spoiler,lettering a dynamic rear end plus sunshade,mud flaps,roof rails oh and the style 7's in gloss black..... Very Happy drooling at the thought

Where the mud flaps hard to install ???
WHY DON'T WE JUST HAVE A SUPER BULK BUY !!! Get as many people involved i guess and get it all set to whom ever is cheapest and dispatch it individually from their? Yay or nay ? Shocked

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 08:37am by superfox.)
10-09-2012 08:00am
Neo

Mudflaps on the Dynamic was relatively easy. Took me a couple of hours for each. There are a couple of great videos on tube which I followed and it was really helpful.

10-09-2012 10:32am
ubhishek

(05-09-2012 08:51am)chiggy Wrote:  Hey guys,

So I'm trying to get a group buy going for the bonnet vents from Dan at Duckworth Parts (Site sponsor).

The coupe versions of the car come with bonnet vents however the 5drs don't. There are a few ways to get the bonnet vents on as seen here: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Bonnet-Ve...nnet+vent.

You can cut holes into your bonnet or you can find a way to shave off the extensions so its flat and just stick them on using 3M tape.

I've spoken to Dan and he's priced the pair at £140 ($220 approx) per pair and £39.00 ($60.00) per pair postage fees. He has however said that if they are just posted to one person, the postage would be reduced. So, if everyone is happy with it, the vents can be posted to myself and I can post them out to you for a fee of $25, instead of everyone individually paying £39.00 ($60.00). If you are happy with this, let me know. We need a minimum of 5 people. How you put them onto your bonnet is upto you, personally I'm going to be shaving the clips off, getting some 3M black vinyl, putting that on the bonnet under the bonnet vent to prevent dirt buildup on the bonnet itself and that's going to be that.

Available in the Silver/Grey finish and Gloss Black finish.

So far we have:
1. Chiggy (Gloss Black)
2. Neo (Gloss Black)
3. Kaiser (Gloss Black)

PM me or reply to this thread and once we have a minimum of 5, can move onto the payment and order side. Obviously the more we can get - the better.

Its a relatively inexpensive way of adding a bit of swagger to the car (I do not work in marketing, so this is possibly the worst punchline known to man). PM me ASAP.

Hi Chiggy,

Is the Bonnet Vents offer still on? If yes, you can count me in. I have only ordered my TD4 Fuji White a little over 2 weeks back.

Cheers
10-09-2012 10:58am
chiggy

(10-09-2012 10:58am)ubhishek Wrote:  Hi Chiggy,

Is the Bonnet Vents offer still on? If yes, you can count me in. I have only ordered my TD4 Fuji White a little over 2 weeks back.

Cheers

So far yes!

We need to get a minimum of 5 to be able to do it. So with you included we have 3 - need 2 more people.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-09-2012 05:19am
ubhishek

(11-09-2012 05:19am)chiggy Wrote:  So far yes!

We need to get a minimum of 5 to be able to do it. So with you included we have 3 - need 2 more people.

Cheers
12-09-2012 05:02am
swoop

Hi, just got our evoque Dynamic SD4 5 days ago;
If the bonnet vents have not been ordered yet,
please put us down for a set.

Cheers

[/font]
14-02-2013 01:39pm