Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Bonnet Vents
Rein

RE: Bonnet Vents

I fitted them a long time ago. I bought a OEM pair from a forum member. Grinded off the pins and other protruding parts. After testfitting they were bonded to the bonnet with special car adhesive.(same stuff used to bond windscreens in place) I got the measurements for placing the vents from a helpful forum member.
In my first attempt, I used automotive 3M tape to fix them to the bonnet but after a while they came loose, because the bonnet is slightly curved.
hope this helps

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
07-04-2016 05:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dottyflo

Thanks Rein Thumbs Up
That helps a lot mate, and you already answered my next question about using adhesive to stick them on ....

Lee

5 Door Dynamic Plus Pack Fuji White SD4 Auto - Black 20" - Pimento / Leather and a few other extras [Image: 7c0c5974-295b-4c3c-b69e-836452069a3b_zpsx6zsl9ce.png]
07-04-2016 05:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Turbolover

(07-04-2016 05:23pm)Rein Wrote:  I fitted them a long time ago. I bought a OEM pair from a forum member. Grinded off the pins and other protruding parts. After testfitting they were bonded to the bonnet with special car adhesive.(same stuff used to bond windscreens in place) I got the measurements for placing the vents from a helpful forum member.
In my first attempt, I used automotive 3M tape to fix them to the bonnet but after a while they came loose, because the bonnet is slightly curved.
hope this helps

Which I bought in Aliexpress bring curvature so as not to peel off at the ends
08-04-2016 06:29am
Dottyflo

Received my vents today, they look niceSmile got a little surprise when I removed em from the box - on the image from the site they where just plain, but I was happy to see RANGE ROVER stamped down on side Very Happy
Still in 2 minds about fitting them, I'll give her a good clean the weekend and dry fit em in place and do the norm.... View em from different angles, hanging out of the top window etc lol

Wasn't a bad price at £46

I did cut a little slit from the M3 tape for a little drainage at the bottom of each vent
Just need to decide? do I black the vent grill out or leave it has is so the white of the bonnet Shows thorough?

Has anyone thought about whitening out the RANGE ROVER lettering, making it stand out????

[Image: image_zpsz9mhtaam.jpeg]

[Image: image_zpsf4se4ctw.jpeg]

[Image: image_zpsmkpfnuca.jpeg]

5 Door Dynamic Plus Pack Fuji White SD4 Auto - Black 20" - Pimento / Leather and a few other extras [Image: 7c0c5974-295b-4c3c-b69e-836452069a3b_zpsx6zsl9ce.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 06:34pm by Dottyflo.)
19-04-2016 06:32pm
Rein

(19-04-2016 06:32pm)Dottyflo Wrote:  Received my vents today, they look niceSmile got a little surprise when I removed em from the box - on the image from the site they where just plain, but I was happy to see RANGE ROVER stamped down on side Very Happy
Still in 2 minds about fitting them, I'll give her a good clean the weekend and dry fit em in place and do the norm.... View em from different angles, hanging out of the top window etc lol

Wasn't a bad price at £46

I did cut a little slit from the M3 tape for a little drainage at the bottom of each vent
Just need to decide? do I black the vent grill out or leave it has is so the white of the bonnet Shows thorough?

Has anyone thought about whitening out the RANGE ROVER lettering, making it stand out????

[Image: image_zpsz9mhtaam.jpeg]

[Image: image_zpsf4se4ctw.jpeg]

[Image: image_zpsmkpfnuca.jpeg]

where did you get those. Looks like a whole less work not having to shave off the excess plastic pins etc (which I had to do)
When I ordered them ack in the day, there were no alternatives with rangerover branding
Looks good!

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
21-04-2016 03:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dottyflo

Thanks rein
Got them from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111969986513?_...EBIDX%3AIT there not listed with having the RANGE ROVER badging due to copyright...

Dry fitted them the other day and still wasn't 100% committed due the seeing to much white thorough the grills..

[Image: image_zpsttpv4me6.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsdi569m40.jpeg]

Then at work today I started thinking what I could add to the back of the vents to black them out, came up with a lot of ideas .... Then it hit me Very Happy Matt black car wrap, stick the wrap to the bonnet them stick the vent over the top...Thumbs Up

[Image: image_zpszpebhuck.jpeg]
[Image: image_zps2hbd8ogm.jpeg]
[Image: image_zps9r4vpvie.jpeg]

If anyone's thinking of fitting the vents on a none black bonnet, and you would like some of the black Matt wrap let me know along with your address and I'll send you what you need over Wink

21-04-2016 05:13pm
Dottyflo

Today was a good day has any.. So made myself a template and got to work Very Happy
Gives a whole differant look to her, and I think it looks A-OK Thumbs Up
Such a better look with the Matt black car wrap behind the vent

[Image: image_zpst3unmylk.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpslvvj0ioq.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpskkjwgqra.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsmhxonc6j.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsiieeovsh.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 23-04-2016 05:26pm by Dottyflo.)
23-04-2016 05:24pm
Coyote09us

(18-08-2015 05:05pm)Condei Wrote:  Mine just arrived and looks like quality. (product link - aliexpress)

My car is all black, so I got the all black version.

It had paper templates for easy fit. I scanned them for you (attached).

I wait for my wife to bring the car next week Smile

Truly appreciate you for this pdf document. Mine came without a template so your post was a lifesaver.
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2018 04:52am by Coyote09us.)
14-03-2018 04:52am