Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Bonnet Vents
Jai

Bonnet Vents

I got mine from dan at duck worth too. Top international service from that guy! I feel like the biggest downer of a 5 door buy is the bonnet. To be honest the fact that it is functional on the coupe doesn't excite me, it's the overall aggressive stance of the beast with the vents. I'm going to start the process of cutting off all the clip mechanisms on mine and hopefully find some good double sided tape and vinyl for underneath and we are good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
28-07-2012 02:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olivier7

RE: Bonnet Vents

evryone else?
16-03-2013 06:55pm
musher

Powerful uk are now selling them on their website with the double sided tape already fitted to them and they come in black and silver. Can't remember the exact price around £80 if my memory serves me correctly.
Just checked and there only £48 come in black and chrome.

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2013 08:23pm by musher.)
16-03-2013 08:19pm
cjfp

I believe Hawke have started selling cosmetic ones - just seen some on a wellkbown auction site

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-04-2013 05:38pm
musher

Brought some recently from Powerful uk for £48 with free P&P and have to admit like the quality and look.
They come with templates so that they fit in the correct position and takes as long as 5 mins to fitVery HappyVery Happy

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
21-04-2013 07:08pm
Rxa

(21-04-2013 07:08pm)musher Wrote:  Brought some recently from Powerful uk for £48 with free P&P and have to admit like the quality and look.
They come with templates so that they fit in the correct position and takes as long as 5 mins to fitVery HappyVery Happy

thanks for the feedback musher, can you post some photos of your evoque with the vents fitted? I am thinking of ordering a pair.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
21-04-2013 07:49pm
CSJ

Here is a pic of the vents on my 5 door, hope this helps

Very Happy

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 08:50pm by CSJ.)
22-04-2013 06:27pm
musher

Did you get them from powerfull uk as wellQuestionq:Question

22-04-2013 09:31pm
Trapdoor

@CSJ - they look a bit on the small side - are they identical to the genuine OEM coupe version? I'm not sure I like them. I think I'd want to get a Coupe bonnet complete if I was going to do it.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
22-04-2013 10:10pm
CSJ

each to their own - I can think of lots of better things to do with £1000 than buy a new bonnet with two plastic inserts which have no engineering use and are purely cosmetic tho. The 5 door looks fine without them but having put them on I have had plenty of compliments about the car

if you want the genuine LR ones then the only effective way to do it is buy a new bonnet

the only thing I can say is that it is only people who really know the RRE coupe that would spot that they are not original - three guys at two dealerships have made comments to me that they did not realise and thought it was just a new option for the 5 door

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
22-04-2013 10:29pm