Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Bonnet Vents
invoke

RE: Bonnet Vents

I may be wrong, but it looks like it will accumulate dirt underneath. May trap water as well. Try sealing the mesh with thin sheet of plastiglass or get some universal ones from eBay.

I'll might get a pair of something like these....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XK-supe..._500wt_689

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 02:03am by invoke.)
02-04-2012 01:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

(01-04-2012 08:21pm)JB7 Wrote:  There is only one way of doing this right...

See my "I like this..." thread in the "Photos & Videos" section.

circa 1k to get the coupe bonnet and vents including paintwork and fitting? It may be the right way to do it..

but for 170 quid you get the bonnet vents which you can just stick on. no painting or special fitting required I believe?

seems like the way to go for me...

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
02-04-2012 02:05am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

£1000 is a lot of money just to get 2 bonnet top vents.
I agree with the other posts though, I think they will collect dirt and water between the vent and the bonnet/ hood unless you can figure out a way to create some small drain holes between the bonnet and the vent edge.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2012 09:41am
WB
WB

How about just leaving a couple of gaps in the tape / silicone so water drains away. As for dirt you could just use a detailing brush to clean the mesh and under it.
02-04-2012 09:43pm
doug

Looing at the pictures of the plastic vent, my ideal is to seal off the back of grille with a sheet of rubber. This would stop any water getting under the vent.
But still need to see what it looks like, when it's not set in to the bonnet.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-04-2012 10:31pm
JB7

Guys, in my opinion I feel that your "modifications" are going to look dreadful. These cars are "Range Rovers" and have not been designed and built with the word "Compromise" in mind!

You may as well put a sticker on the side "Made in China".

Don't be daft by fitting "Dummy Vents". If you don't want to do it right, just don't do it!
03-04-2012 10:12pm
garryforrestuk

Have just received the second grill from Dan so will start the mod this week coming.

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
07-04-2012 11:45pm
Sarcastrix

Gary, if you want to know what the 3-D Dynamic bonnet looks likes without the grills, check this video at 25 secs:

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
12-04-2012 09:10am
chiggy

(07-04-2012 11:45pm)garryforrestuk Wrote:  Have just received the second grill from Dan so will start the mod this week coming.

let me know how it goes and how you're going to prevent all the water/dirt accumulating inside.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
12-04-2012 09:11am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

eeeek, I bet the owner of that Evoque in the video will be suffering all sorts of rattles after the applier has finished rebuilding the car!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-04-2012 06:18pm