Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Bonnet Vents
garryforrestuk

RE: BONNET VENTS

A picture of the vents.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 01:42am by garryforrestuk.)
30-03-2012 01:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

RE: Bonnet Vents

I would love the vents on mine, but not convinced of how easy it would be.

If you take a closer look, the bonnet metalwork is recessed around the vents, so not just a case of cutting the right size hole Sad

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
30-03-2012 08:53am
doug

I think the ideal is to see how good or bad they look stuck on without cutting the metal work.
It could look like a right pigs ear, my concern is how much of the panel colour will show around the centre grille part.
Will it look to false! We need a picture of one placed on a flat bonnet please

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 09:13am by doug.)
30-03-2012 09:10am
chiggy

(30-03-2012 09:10am)doug Wrote:  I think the ideal is to see how good or bad they look stuck on without cutting the metal work.
It could look like a right pigs ear, my concern is how much of the panel colour will show around the centre grille part.
Will it look to false! We need a picture of one placed on a flat bonnet please

Could just put some sort of black covering under the vent so that you can't really see the paintwork underneath. Would then just appear pretty similar to a normal coupe vent.

I'd be very interested in doing this if I was just able to stick them out without cutting anything.. interested to see how it goes.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
30-03-2012 09:18am
WB
WB

I was thinking you could put some stick a piece of black vinyl wrap under the mesh area so you can't see the body colour paint.
(30-03-2012 01:28am)garryforrestuk Wrote:  A picture of the vents.

Any chance you could do a sideways on photo of the vent pieces to show what needs to be trimmed off the base to get a flat surface?
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 11:38am by WB.)
30-03-2012 11:35am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Garry, you have a PM

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-03-2012 11:57am
garryforrestuk

Just a update on the vents received the item today from Dan at Duckworth and after looking at the item have ordered the other side this is going to be an easy job, i will take some photos as i go along but first impression there are 4 small lugs and 2 pegs all plastic have to be cut off this then gives you a flat surface on the vent, it is very light in weight being all plastic so fixing with automotive tape will be o.k. but you can use land rover silicone just to make sure. I will take photos as i go and post them. Tim a big thank you for the help.Garry

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
31-03-2012 12:02am
smayo

Definitely interested if it's just a case of sticking them on with a bit of modification to the vents to cut the lugs etc off.

Will be interesting to see how they look without having the slight recess into the bonnet.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
31-03-2012 08:53am
JB7

There is only one way of doing this right...

See my "I like this..." thread in the "Photos & Videos" section.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 08:23pm by JB7.)
01-04-2012 08:21pm
cjfp

^^^

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-I-like-this

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-04-2012 08:25pm