Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bloody Battery... AGAIN....
CRC@LandRover

RE: Bloody Battery... AGAIN....

Hi All,

Can I please ask that if you are having concerns with a flat battery, that even if you have LR Assist attend, that you still following this arrange a booking with your local dealership.

Along with this, if you wish to provide me with the following details:

Full Name:
Contact No:
Email Address:
Vehicle Reg:
Dealership:
Date of Booking:

I would be more than happy to liaise with the dealership to ensure that the correct checks are made not only on the battery, but also ensure that the software is up to date and that there isn't unnecessary drain occurring on the vehicle that may not have been addressed and may be leading to the concern.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
28-02-2014 02:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Alchemist

Nice Offer Pete!
28-02-2014 10:16pm
scrannel

We've chatted about this before. My US dealer considers the battery on this car to be marginal. Mine was replaced first week of ownership (car bought new). My guess is that we don't see a lot of it over here for two reasons: we're all petrol and your diesels have a much higher compression ratio so beat-up the battery even more. The other reason is (and only guessing from my experience) dealers here just go ahead and change batteries if they are questionable. There's no question, judging from what I read on this and other forums, that you get a major runaround from your dealers in the UK when it comes to replacing batteries. Just an observation.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
01-03-2014 03:56pm
Tony

Is anyone with the MY 2014 Evoque having battery failures or 'low battery' 'gearbox failure' warnings?

We are looking at changing and if the Evoque is still having these issues and rattling then we will be spending our £50k with someone other than LR.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-03-2014 06:58pm
Stadt Panzer

Nothing like that with my MY14 [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Somewhere in the North Sea.
01-03-2014 07:44pm
Tony

(01-03-2014 07:44pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Nothing like that with my MY14 [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

SP, good to hear, we are making our monthly trip to Inverness this week and will be calling at the dealer to get a price to change.

P.S. Inverness is our nearest dealer at 125 miles! so not much choice for us.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-03-2014 07:50pm
Stadt Panzer

My nearest dealer is 40 miles away? More then a royal pain, suppose my choice for wanting to live in the country.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
01-03-2014 09:17pm
vinny

(28-02-2014 01:23pm)jbob Wrote:  Mine is doing the same Sad

Flat on my drive yesterday.

Battery was down to 5v but LR assist guy said battery was good and alternator was charging fine.

Hmmm

[Image: e7ahadyg.jpg]

Find it strange the battery type is regular flooded,the same print out report on my flat battery from LR assist stated it as AGM flat plate which I thought all evoques had?
I may be wrong on that fact but unsure if this would have any bearing on their test,surely the machine would have to know which type of battery it was being used on so it can test correctly?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
01-03-2014 10:21pm
Evo-king

I could be wrong, but thought the AGM type were only fitted after the battery problems.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-03-2014 10:54pm
Tony

(01-03-2014 10:54pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I could be wrong, but thought the AGM type were only fitted after the battery problems.

My battery was replaced last October plus a supposed software update. I know the new battery has a LR logo and part number, tomorrow I will check and post the battery part number if anyone can identify it.

01-03-2014 11:16pm