Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bloody Battery... AGAIN....
RacingSnake

It's moments like today that makes me want to bin the car.
We've not used it for just over a week, so I reversed it out to wash it.
As soon as I was done I went to move the car back and it refused to start.
Just clicking on the ignition.

Annoyingly we're supposed to be taking it tomorrow to visit family and now I'm left wondering if I trust it Sad
It's sat outside on charge again so it'll start in the morning, but whether it holds that charge is anyones guess.

I think what annoys me more is that when I had the 'radio fix' a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that every single time I start the car I get "Gearbox fault" on the screen.... last time I had that the car let me down, so I knew it was coming.
Anyway they said they checked it out and everything was OK, whether they did check it or not I don't know.

Nevertheless, I've never been happy with this battery, and the first time it failed I asked if they replaced it and they said 'no need'. This time, I'll insist on it.

I recall reading on here that they had (or are now installing) a higher capacity battery in the cars? is that correct?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
24-12-2013 07:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

Has anyone had any luck leaving theirs in airport long stay parking for a few weeks, or should I just expect the battery to be dead on return?

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2013 12:17pm by MarkA_.)
25-12-2013 12:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Bloody Battery... AGAIN....

It should be fine in the airport. Had mine since Dec 11 and never had a battery issue at all, including numerous airport stays.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-12-2013 12:40pm
Westy

I have to say I have been very lucky, I have left mine for over two weeks in car parks many times and never had any trouble at all. It seems that it seems to affect the higher loaded models more and I have the baby model

I have always been worried and expected the worse, but so far fingers crossed.Very Happy

61000 miles and still on my first set of Pirelli scorpions, let's hope the luck keeps on

Merry christmas to all

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
25-12-2013 02:53pm
mickydd

Same here, left for 3 weeks at airport on numerous occasions, no problem at all on return.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
25-12-2013 06:12pm
Tony

Got my Xmas present from LR this morning, car had not been run for three days on start-up got 'GEARBOX FAULT' displayed for a few seconds.

This is the first battery issue since March when it had a new battery and the so called software fix. It has not had Q261 which I belive came out later, dealer said it was not applicable as mine is an auto.

If it survives until the next service in January I will ask for the later updates.

If it fails before it will be two phone calls, one to LRA and the second to the media to film this heap of cr@p being towed away.

A Xmas to remember, Thanks Land Rover!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
25-12-2013 06:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Is Q261 the Stop/Start patch? If so then it jolly well does apply to autos as there are two "patches" bundled into one fix - one for stop/start and one for the BMS patch. It made the world of difference to my last car that used to get left for up to 6 weeks without being run. After the stop/start fix was applied it went for much longer without being needed to run. There are far too many dealers out there who's service staff don't seem to read the notes with these patches, although it is partly LR's fault bundling two fixes into one patch and then mis-naming it. The Stop/Start patch MUST be applied to both autos and manuals for that reason, the computer uploading system knows if the car is a manual or an auto and will apply only software applicable, but all pre-2013 Evoques should get the BMS patch regardless of gearbox

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-12-2013 07:01pm
Tony

(25-12-2013 07:01pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Is Q261 the Stop/Start patch? If so then it jolly well does apply to autos as there are two "patches" bundled into one fix - one for stop/start and one for the BMS patch. It made the world of difference to my last car that used to get left for up to 6 weeks without being run. After the stop/start fix was applied it went for much longer without being needed to run. There are far too many dealers out there who's service staff don't seem to read the notes with these patches, although it is partly LR's fault bundling two fixes into one patch and then mis-naming it. The Stop/Start patch MUST be applied to both autos and manuals for that reason, the computer uploading system knows if the car is a manual or an auto and will apply only software applicable, but all pre-2013 Evoques should get the BMS patch regardless of gearbox

Tim,

I belive Q261 is the Start/Stop patch, however I am not totally blaming the dealer, the fault lies with LR for selling a nigh-on £50k vehicle which is not Fit for Purpose and not making it clear to the dealers what is required to fix it.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
26-12-2013 12:25am
RacingSnake

Car is now back in again....
after another battery failure, and daily (without exception) displays of "Gearbox Failure", and a couple of instances of "Stability control failure"... I sent it in to be checked over and fixed.

I asked for a new battery, because I just don't trust this one and told them not to come back with "I tested it and it's fine".... just replace it.

Anyway, they've just phoned me and said there are "a stack of software updates" which they're currently updating now... and that they've tested the battery and "its fine". Rolling Eyes
I feel sorry for the woman on the phone who heard my "FFS" sigh, followed by "I don't care, change it anyway as I don't believe it, or trust it".

They're now keeping it over night and I can speak to the technician about it tomorrow.... it will amount to 'did you change the battery? no? why not - I want it changed anyway.

Jeez, really winds me up sometimes. Mad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 05:56pm by RacingSnake.)
28-01-2014 05:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

Just had second service last week, reported 'Gearbox Fault' message coming up after cold start. Dealers says "No faults found other than the battery was low and we have re-charged it". Well as I had driven 125 miles to the dealer how come the battery was not fully charged, I guess that so called smart alternator is brain dead.

In its life the Evoque has had a new alternator, new battery and I am told all of the required software updates. So that leaves us with a 21st century car that cannot keep its battery charged, you could not make it up!.

At least the service (and the next) was free courtesy of LRCS as compensation for clocking up 1750 miles returning to dealer with faults.

We are coming up to specifiying our replacement for later this year but we will be looking closely at the BMW X4 when its launced. We like the way the Evoque drives and is specified but it has caused so much pain for a near £50k car.

28-01-2014 06:20pm