Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blocked Fuel Filter After 6500 miles?
J77

RE: Blocked Fuel Filter After 6500 miles?

There was a spread in the local paper warning people if offered cheap fuel, also there is a pink dye added into the fuel as well.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
04-12-2012 12:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big G

(22-11-2012 02:10pm)PigLauncher Wrote:  To cut a long storey short the car cut out once on the motorway then having been given the all clear by LR Recovery again the next day. It would limp along at 27 mph on the second occasion.
The garage have replaced the fuel filter and warned against using diesel with more than 7% Bio fuel content. I had never heard of it. As far as I was concerned it's a 2.2 diesel so I fill it with............... errrr diesel. The majority of the time we fill up at Asda, research has proved they along with Shell and BP are adding large amounts to their diesel.

Check at the pump exactly what you are putting in !!!!!
I'm assuming the garage/pump should display the bio content - somwehere??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
18-01-2013 03:59pm
Stadt Panzer

Blocked Fuel Filter After 6500 miles?

Have heard that people cars have stopped working once the low fuel warning light came on. That was traced to the cross over pump (between the two tanks) not working.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
18-01-2013 07:47pm
Westy

I think tim is onto something, the uk fuel is made to specification en590 this is classed as b7. This means the fuel is blended to a 7% bio content. It may have been some carry over of summer fuel.

All the uk fuel will be blended to this b7 specification, the big difference is the additives that get added to the blend, these additives help to restore and clean up internal fuel system deposits. This is the tough bit the b7 fuel bio content can be made from many of the bio sources, rape, palm etc which is why there can be some variation.

Modern b5 as it was and now b7 fuels are playing havoc with engine power and deposits, the fuel system treatments restore lost efficiency. Unfortunately this fuel is here to stay as the European governments are forcing and encouraging this through.

I am surprised you had this problem, you could always get the fuel analysed to see what it was made up of, hope this helps

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
18-01-2013 07:58pm
ED209

Your in Durham, I am in durham, your fuel filter blocked after 6500 miles, mine did after 6800!!!

Happened this week, nearly caused an accident as i was mid overtake when it went into restricted performance mode!

I would say 90% of my fuel has come from tesco in Consett.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
19-01-2013 04:20pm
z4alfie

(19-01-2013 04:20pm)ED209 Wrote:  Your in Durham, I am in durham, your fuel filter blocked after 6500 miles, mine did after 6800!!!

Happened this week, nearly caused an accident as i was mid overtake when it went into restricted performance mode!

I would say 90% of my fuel has come from tesco in Consett.

Also in Durham, 5250 miles, today, the car lost power whilst joining the Motorway, restricted power message, maximum speed was about 50MPH, LR assist came out and replaced filter and reset the brain. buy my diesel from Tesco..........
22-01-2013 07:34pm
cjfp

Sounds like dodgy fuel in Durham ! Note to self not to fill up around that area !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-01-2013 07:36pm
cjfp

Spotted this on a pump at a Shell in Tunbridge Wells

and if it happens to them !!!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-04-2013 10:41pm
Urban Splash

I see a theme here,

My fuel filter was replaced at 7000 miles recently. Same thing, lost power and engine cut out. Happened on outside lane of A1 while the wife was driving. She has now lost all faith in the car.....

Anyway, I get my fuel from the Metrocentre area. Must be fuel from whatever refinery is supplying the north east. Funny this has cropped up, as the LR assist guy who changed the filter said that it was only happening in the north east. I thought he was talking rubbish to be honest.....but there might be something in it.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
08-04-2013 05:08pm
Jonathon555

(08-04-2013 05:08pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I see a theme here,

My fuel filter was replaced at 7000 miles recently. Same thing, lost power and engine cut out. Happened on outside lane of A1 while the wife was driving. She has now lost all faith in the car.....

Anyway, I get my fuel from the Metrocentre area. Must be fuel from whatever refinery is supplying the north east. Funny this has cropped up, as the LR assist guy who changed the filter said that it was only happening in the north east. I thought he was talking rubbish to be honest.....but there might be something in it.

It's happened to me, guess what I am in the North East

But I read on other forums its country wide

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
08-04-2013 08:19pm