Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black exterior
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Black exterior

Have the black paints always been the same?

Got two neighbours with black RRs

One is a 59 RRS and the other a 07 FF but the sport looks very much better, could it be he's just an additional product put on it. Don't think either are Barolo.
11-04-2011 05:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Turbo Diesel

RE: Black exterior

(11-04-2011 05:42pm)Charlie Wrote:  Have the black paints always been the same?

Got two neighbours with black RRs

One is a 59 RRS and the other a 07 FF but the sport looks very much better, could it be he's just an additional product put on it. Don't think either are Barolo.

Barolo not out yet 07 would be Java Black 59 plate would be santorini black. had one on sport changed to other lot more metallic.
11-04-2011 06:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The other thing it could be is a very rare colour, Bournville which was a metallic black that had a brown fleck in it so it looked very dark brown in bright sunlight and was available on 59 plate cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 06:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-04-2011 06:36pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

The 59 RRS looks a shiney metallic black and looks really good, very much like a showroom model. The 07 looks dull. Could just be it's not been polished although both are clean. Not really keen on either neighbour so not going to ask! I can almost hear the cooments now when I get the Evoque about it not being a bigger RR. Big RR snobbery in this town.

Cheers guys for the info.
11-04-2011 06:43pm
gmaker

Charlie

What Black are you thinking of going with? I've ordered a SD4 Dynamic in Fuji White with Black roof but still not sure about it. Always had black cars as when they are clean they look amazing, and was thinking about Santorini with a Silver roof, or all Santorini. Trouble is, no one seems to have any decent pictures to help make my mind up!!
11-04-2011 07:40pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Have ordered a SD4 prestige in Santorini and as having a panoramic roof, not having a contrasting colour. To be honest I really only like black or white on the Evoque. I thought Firenze looks nice on the PR shots and in dull weather but didn't like the look of the FL2 in bright sun. I don't think the other LR colours suit the car. Black with either a white or silver roof would look great. Gone for the Lux pack and my little ones in the back will love the big roof.
11-04-2011 08:19pm
Evoquemaker

RE: Black exterior barolo black

Bear with me most evoques unbadged at halewood being pre production build. Had a borolo black in lights. Black with orange flakes in paint. Looks fab. Hard to describe.
11-04-2011 09:38pm
vinda

I've ordered a Barolo black. Was told it was black with a red tinge.

Is it more of an orange tinge?
13-04-2011 01:26am
Kermit

The sample I saw I would say is very dark blood red, but only in bright sunlight, and then only at the right angle. Indoors next to another black you won't spot the difference.
13-04-2011 01:37am
vinda

(13-04-2011 01:37am)Kermit Wrote:  The sample I saw I would say is very dark blood red, but only in bright sunlight, and then only at the right angle. Indoors next to another black you won't spot the difference.

I thought so. Hmmm. Is it worth the money
13-04-2011 01:38am