Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Unit on roof between the panoramic roof and blind control / light controls
walkben

Black Unit on roof between the panoramic roof and blind control / light controls

OK - I'm nervous about posting this question and receiving idiot of the year award for dumbest question posted on the babyRR forum Smile

Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what the black shiny plastic box is located on the ceiling above front centre console (between the panoramic roof & various other controls for auto blind control / interior lights etc.

I'm guessing it's something to do with alarm / key fob - but doesn't show up in the manual.

05-12-2011 08:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DDX

You absolute idiot. Why don't you use the search function before posting a stupid question like that.

Just kidding Very Happy

Good question, I noticed it too and am wandering what it is. Like you said, I too assume it houses some sort of sensor but it certainly is on the large side if that's the case.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
05-12-2011 08:08am
vision*R

RE: Black Unit on roof between the panoramic roof and blind control / light controls

It's the IR control for the wireless headphones that come with the dual view screen.
On some pictures you will notice a whole line of individual red dots behind the shiny plastic.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 08:46am by vision*R.)
05-12-2011 08:43am
DDX

Thanks for clarifying Thumbs Up

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
05-12-2011 09:03am