Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Pure colour coding mods
mnd

Black Pure colour coding mods

Hey all,
I know there are some topics re the Pure with Dynamic parts etc. Unfortunately, I had a little bingle the other day and a slightly blind lady ran up the back of me while I was completely stopped at a red light.

Anyway, might be an opportune time to make a few mods. I want to:
1. Spray the rear silver centre part of the rear bumper black (same as car), leaving the outside grey plastic as stock. Does anybody have a pic of this? On the dynamic, is there still a black plastic towards the lower side of the bumper or is the whole rear slower ection colour coded? I know lots of people are trying to emulate the Dynamic rear bar but I just can't find a clear pick of a pure in black which has had this mod done.

2. Front grille sprayed black. Now, is this the same black as the car (Sumatra) or is it a special colour code ? Lots of pics around of this but not sure about what shade of black?

3. Front silver insert in the front bumper. It seems the dynamic has a different front bumper and not this flat silver piece like in the pure. Anybody seen a pure with this part sprayed black and the outside grey plastic left stock?

I'd then leave the side door and vent plastics as are to match the remaining grey bits which still exist.

Any help on pictures or suggestions is much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
23-03-2012 04:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Black Pure colour coding mods

Here you go...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Tips?page...light=tips
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 04:16pm by WB.)
23-03-2012 04:15pm
mnd

(23-03-2012 04:15pm)WB Wrote:  Here you go...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Tips?page...light=tips

Thanks heaps. That's great. So Lion decided on a Matt black. I wonder how a colour match to the body panels might look
23-03-2012 10:10pm
mnd

So my panel beater is going to fit a Dynamic rear bumper and colour coat the front grey bullbar, grille, side vents and door trim in black.

Note sure what the entire front bullbar will look like in gloss back, anybody seen this before or got a pic? The matt black parts are staying as are so just the centre silver and grey parts are going to gloss black.
26-03-2012 01:33am
WB
WB

(26-03-2012 01:33am)mnd Wrote:  So my panel beater is going to fit a Dynamic rear bumper and colour coat the front grey bullbar, grille, side vents and door trim in black.

Note sure what the entire front bullbar will look like in gloss back, anybody seen this before or got a pic? The matt black parts are staying as are so just the centre silver and grey parts are going to gloss black.

I think I have seen one with a bullbar in gloss black - I'll post it if I can find it.

How much is the dynamic rear bumper costing out of interest?
26-03-2012 09:43am
mnd

(26-03-2012 09:43am)WB Wrote:  I think I have seen one with a bullbar in gloss black - I'll post it if I can find it.

How much is the dynamic rear bumper costing out of interest?

Great, thanks, would love to see it.
As for prices, he's getting the quote tomorrow so I'll let you know. I'm not actually payin for it coz it'll be covered by insurance (well the price of a pure bumper is )
26-03-2012 09:57am
mnd

(26-03-2012 09:43am)WB Wrote:  I think I have seen one with a bullbar in gloss black - I'll post it if I can find it.

Did u manage to dig this up?
Seems they are ready to go ahead so I need to tell them exactly what I want.

As for price, he send through the total but it wasn't line itemed for each part.
I'll call him today and post
Thanks again
02-04-2012 11:12pm
mnd

(26-03-2012 09:43am)WB Wrote:  How much is the dynamic rear bumper costing out of interest?

$2200 including the Exhaust tip trimmings.
03-04-2012 01:29am
Evoquative

Not sure if it's too late, but this is a Firenze with gloss black...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Firenze-R...nze+orkney

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
03-04-2012 01:10pm