Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Pack wheels changed ???
Simplesimon

Black Pack wheels changed ???

Like most of you I'm sure. I keep going back to rebuild the car I have on order.
And have noticed that they have changed the black pack wheels from the 9 spoke to the 5 split spoke 504's!!
Unless there is an option to have either. But personally I prefer the 9 spokeSad

Going to contact dealer yet again to get confirmation regarding this!!
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 12:18pm by Simplesimon.)
22-11-2014 12:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Black Pack wheels changed ???

I'm having the same problem with the Disco Sport, prices keep changing, specs changing etc.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
22-11-2014 12:32pm
Simplesimon

I think they should give me the black pack for free now!!

will put it to salesman today!Twisted Evil
22-11-2014 12:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It also looks like the Lux Pack has been discontinued on Dynamics and the 825w audio is now a £1000 option according to the configurator when I tried to build my current car this afternoon - I wonder if somebody in the iT dept at LR has cocked up again...............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 03:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-11-2014 03:53pm
Evo-king

Tell me about it, on top of that, illuminated sill plates appear to be an option etc.

I too thought the configurator might be misbehaving again.

Look at the Autobiography version and you may as well give up, so many contradictions on the configurator.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-11-2014 04:36pm
XFullFatTim

Worse, it appears now that we will have two spec changes annually with 2014.5/2015/2015.5 model years....... means that every salesperson in every dealership is going to have to be right on the ball with keeping customers informed of the spec finalisation cut off date for every single car if the present 4-5 month lead in times for factory orders continue. No point in ordering an option/ colour if the dealer isn't upfront with you that it is going to change before your car gets built. It's also going to make part exchange valuations a nightmare for both dealers and customers and I can see a lot of customers loosing out on valuations and a lot of dealers lining their pockets............... my 7 month, 6500 mile car that listed at £53000 (I did get a discount on it though) recently got valued at £35000 by one dealership and £40000 by another - so much for an in demand car holding it's value! Some dealers are even charging a premium over new list for low milage used Evoques!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 04:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-11-2014 04:54pm
Simplesimon

I don't think the configurator is misbehaving at all!!

4 weeks ago when I built my car. It showed the illuminated sill plates and aluminium pedals as extra in the dynamic. I questioned the salesman about this. And he had no idea. But presumed as they had always been standard in the past would be standard now!!
If they don't come with the car. I am going to insist that they are fitted free at the dealership!

As for the change of wheels.(if the configurator is correct). I am seriously considering doing away with the blackpack. Saving £2000 and just getting the standard wheels sprayed black. As I quite like the contrasting aluminium front and rear thingymajigs!
That's unless they change the standard wheels to 18" which wouldn't surprise me at all!Rolling Eyes
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 07:23pm by Simplesimon.)
22-11-2014 07:20pm
XFullFatTim

I don't think the aluminium pedals have ever been standard, illuminated thread plates have always (up to now!) been standard on Dynamics.

(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 10:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-11-2014 10:00pm
Tony

Two Evoques, Dynamic plus and Dynamic Lux. Aluminium pedals standard on both evoques, although on the configurator it said extra for the second vehicle, same with illuminated tread plates. Aeroflip standard on the first and listed standard on the second (sales invoice), although configurator said extra. Second car came with aeroflip, dealer tried to charge for it - I said B0110cks, take it off and don't leave any marks! - result no charge. Black wheels, I got mine powder coated at wheel company 200 metres up the road from the dealer, result £280 as opposed to £2k from LR. Both cars came standard with numerous rattles and badly fitted pieces of trim, the first could not hold a battery charge and the second with a totally sh17 gearbox, NO mention of that on the configurator, sales brochures or from the dealer!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
22-11-2014 11:47pm
Mark^^

We don't have to worry so much about the quick model spec changes here in Oz, the JLR website and configurator seems to always be a year behind the UK site.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
23-11-2014 01:17am