Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Box in your Evoque
Jeroma

RE: Black Box in your Evoque

(17-02-2014 05:51pm)TWS Wrote:  Lifted a screenshot from a parts catalogue at http://lrparts.ru/ so it might be their parts bin reference number or something similar.

Also listed here

Trev
TWS ..Thanks a lot for the clarification, do you think it controls the humidity in the climate control system ???

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
21-02-2014 12:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TWS

(21-02-2014 12:36pm)Jeroma Wrote:  TWS ..Thanks a lot for the clarification, do you think it controls the humidity in the climate control system ???

It must be part of the recirculation with pollution and humidity sensing function:

- Press the AUTO button briefly to activate timed recirculation. The AUTO LED will illuminate. The system automatically selects fresh and recirculated air dependent on pollution and cabin humidity.

Trev

RRE No2 - MY15 SD4 Auto Dynamic in Firenze with Accolade and some other bits!
21-02-2014 02:00pm
Lrob18

I know this thread is old but I have one of the these in mine and found the part number for the replacement from this thread, those who have on of these in their car, have you ever taken the cover off and if so how did you do it. I cannot see a way and don't want to take it in to be replaced when price of the part is so little.
01-05-2018 08:59pm
Steve D

Is it the ambient volume sensor - you know, the thingy that senses the rising volume you get when increasing speed (tyres, wind etc) and increases the radio volume the faster you go?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 09:50am by Steve D.)
02-05-2018 09:49am
Lrob18

It looks like the box in the image for the air quality control sensor... so I am assuming it is but I am unsure. Have only just noticed it in the car and saw it was cracked
02-05-2018 06:30pm